Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Issues with samsung Z Fold 4 post latest phone update

(Topic created on: 22-11-2023 05:16 PM)
Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Installed latest update on 20/11/23 thereafter, Bluetooth & Wifi doesnt work. The bluetooth app is just 'greyed' out & Wifi doesnt recognise any network automatically & will not allow manyal additions. First time I've experienced these type of issues. Already registered issues with Samsung tech support - they dont have a resolution except to back up all data, reset phone to factory setting and complete a data restore - I am unable to do this as you need to be on the same wifi for both devices used in the backup & restore process. At a loss as to what to do next!!
25 REPLIES 25
Artindoril
Pioneer
Options
Mine's fine. All I can suggest is clear the cache, and if that doesn't work a factory reset
0 Likes
Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Many thx for your feedback, but have already cleared cache.
HamiltonGilpin
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. Updated my phone, Wifi, Bluetooth and Sim card stopped working. I tried the sim in other phones and it worked fine. I then factory resetted my Fold 4 and it worked for 3 hours before the same issue coming back then randomly turning off at 80% battery, and now I cant turn it on again. Completely KO'd. Lost thousands of dollars worth of Whatsapp and Line Contacts because of this. Not what I expect from a samsung phone worth $2000 after only 1 year and 3 months of use and I never even dropped it or put it in water once. I have been singing praises about this phone all year as it's helped my in all areas of my life. They wont even let me trade it in and upgrade as it's now "damaged". All from THEIR update... Hopefully they can put an announcement out to help all those affected. 

Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Thx for the response buddy & so sorry to hear abt your problems. My z fold 4 is just 14 months old, so hoping Samsung get onto this issue & provide an urgent fix or replacement announcement! I've decided to take no action at all for the next few days & to just use my data allowance whilst the phone remains usable. Good luck to all users and come on Samsung, do your bit to support us please as your factory reset statement sounds like an old fashioned IT 'reboot' statement!
IllogicalCpt
Student
Options
I've just dropped into this forum to see if anyone was having these issues, mine are not as extreme as yours but since the Nov update my WiFi has been slow to non existent (all other household devices are fine), the Bluetooth has become spotty, android auto used to connect no issue via wireless but now its a lottery whether it connects or not... I have done a Network Reset and still the issues remain the same, I'm loathed to do a full reset of my phone as tbh I don't believe that would resolve it, I think its a firmware issue... I do hope for a fix soon, I've seem various posts about oneui 6 coming on the 20th Nov and was hoping that would be the fix but that date has been and gone...
Members_IeoZ2kC
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem and I don't know how to solve it 😞

HamiltonGilpin
Journeyman
Options

I spoke to their support, they said they'd call me. I'll let you all know what they say :smiling-face:

Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Many thx. Hopefully, your response will be different from what they said to me. Fingers crossed!
IllogicalCpt
Student
Options
I Made the decision to rollback, downloaded the firmware from sammobile and reformatted it, so far so good, WiFi, Bluetooth etc seems to be behaving again