Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with samsung Z Fold 4 post latest phone update

(Topic created on: 09-03-2024 07:19 PM)
Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Installed latest update on 20/11/23 thereafter, Bluetooth & Wifi doesnt work. The bluetooth app is just 'greyed' out & Wifi doesnt recognise any network automatically & will not allow manyal additions. First time I've experienced these type of issues. Already registered issues with Samsung tech support - they dont have a resolution except to back up all data, reset phone to factory setting and complete a data restore - I am unable to do this as you need to be on the same wifi for both devices used in the backup & restore process. At a loss as to what to do next!!
28 REPLIES 28
Steroidmonkey
Apprentice
Options

Samsung gave me reference number to take it to local store. They said it's a motherboard issue and that it usually happens if update doesn't happen completely right. I used insurance and then made sure it was plugged in and had good wifi before attempting the update again. It's definitely a Samsung issue

Tijgtu
Apprentice
Options

Same thing happened to me. What was the outcome with your phone finally? Did they make you pay out of pocket for the repair or did they fix it for you free of charge? If they made you pay for the repair, how much was it to get that issue fixed?

HamiltonGilpin
Journeyman
Options

They tried to charge me $400 saying it was a screen issue. But the screen only stopped working after they took it in the back... I just said I'm buy an Iphone and left lol. Disgusting Scamsung help after being a customer for  10+ years

0 Likes
Carlito333
Student
Options

I tried the factory reset, did not work. Have reverted to my Note 20 Ultra until they acknowledge an issue and produce a fix. until then, it's a brick.

Edit: also tried flashing the phone to earlier software with Odin 3 but it fails - can't seem to establish a connection 😞

0 Likes
thunder4
First Poster
Options

Is your issue resolved or still the same?

cause im facing same issue

0 Likes
Carlito333
Student
Options

I flashed the phone twice without resolving the wifi issue. Still no wifi. Believe it is a hardware failure. 

0 Likes
H4554N
First Poster
Options
Seeing all the reported issues on my device after update WiFi not show networks, BT not working, and device says no sim inserted all of a sudden. Very disappointed with Samsung ive been using notes since note 4. Seriously considering getting out of samsung eco system
0 Likes
CC48
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am having the same issue with my Zfold 4, Samsung support says either upgrade, or pay for service at a Samsung store to fix as it is out of warranty.  I have only had this phone a little over a year and paid full price, this is frustrating.  I tried all the suggestions online, still cannot turn on my Bluetooth or find my network.  Did you get your fixed or give up and get another phone?

0 Likes
GUY
First Poster
Options

I have the same pb  . My Samsung Fold 4 is around 1 year old , It started being not able to connect with any wifi , then to the 3G then to the normal line. Afterwards even fully charged the phone blacked out and could not be opened again or charged . Very bad 

What to do ? 

0 Likes