Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with samsung Z Fold 4 post latest phone update

(Topic created on: 15-01-2024 02:51 AM)
Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Installed latest update on 20/11/23 thereafter, Bluetooth & Wifi doesnt work. The bluetooth app is just 'greyed' out & Wifi doesnt recognise any network automatically & will not allow manyal additions. First time I've experienced these type of issues. Already registered issues with Samsung tech support - they dont have a resolution except to back up all data, reset phone to factory setting and complete a data restore - I am unable to do this as you need to be on the same wifi for both devices used in the backup & restore process. At a loss as to what to do next!!
28 REPLIES 28
mykoka
Student
Options
After my latest update to 5.1.1. my zfold4 shuts down as soon as i close it. It stays on if I close it while plugged in charger, but if I disconnect the charger and the phone is closed, it shuts down instantly. So now I have a tablet that doesnt fit in my pocket, dulue to size, I can only make phonecalls on speakerphone. Thanks samsung for screwing this for me... and then if I take my phone back to them, they wont take any responsibility akd they would lie that the phone had water ingress or been dropped ect... personal experience from past. Horrible customer support. I ylthink I will go to iphone, as much as I dont like them...
HamiltonGilpin
Journeyman
Options

Okay so after going through support via phone calls, they said to go to their store and they'll fix the software for free. I check that the screen is working and everything before i head to the store since i found that both screens work if i start the phone while it's open on the big screen.

I then head to the store, give them my phone. They take it in the back to the engineer. They come back, try to charge me $500 to "fix the screen"(screen wasn't broken)!

So essentially they updated my phone, broke the software side. I take it in from their recommendation. They then break the screen in the back and ask me to pay.

I feel scammed and will never buy Samsung again. Disgusting service after being a customer for  over  10 years. I will put this all over my tech YouTube channel for months to come. Good luck gents.

0 Likes
Swerve
Apprentice
Options
Awful customer service & scamming, feel bad for you - do all you can to get a refund & apology!
I eventually gave up & fully reset my phone after backing it up. Still no WiFi nor Bluetooth upon restore & now intermittent power loss problems!!
Rang Samsung again using original call reference number. This time they offered me the option of visiting one of their 'fix' stores (70 miles away)!!! They then offered me the service of a mobile engineer which is booked for this week. Given all that I've read on this chat I shall be taking lots of pics of my phone before handing it to anyone!!!
Thanks for your continual posts & updates all, but sadly, not many good outcomes so far.
Fingers crossed for us all.
Steroidmonkey
Apprentice
Options

Same issue, sighh....so pretty much update destroyed our phones and there is no fix

0 Likes
Steroidmonkey
Apprentice
Options

Can you post a how to? This phone is now trash currently. No Bluetooth,  no wifi, no calls with android auto. Seems like half the features are gone 

0 Likes
Tijgtu
Apprentice
Options

Hey bro, the same thing just happened to me after the update, and now my phone doesn't work at all. Were you ever able to find out how to fix it?

0 Likes
Tijgtu
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I have the same situation with my fold 4 now. Was Samsung ever able to fix the phone for you or did they just ask you to pay for the repair?

0 Likes
Tijgtu
Apprentice
Options

Hey did you ever find a solution for your phone? I have the same problem now. 

0 Likes
Tijgtu
Apprentice
Options

Hey I have the same issue now with my fold4, were you able to find a solution for that?

0 Likes
Members_U8zw1PA
First Poster
Options

Mismo problema.. Se me actualizo el teléfono en Enero, se lo llevan los de Samsung y me dicen que es problema de la pantalla y más de 500€ de reparación si quiero que lo arreglen. 

Unos estafadores. 

0 Likes