Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a class action lawsuit for z flip 3 screen cracks

(Topic created on: 18-10-2022 08:31 PM)
Kdiddler
Apprentice
Options

I've been reading all the complaints about cracks along the fold on z flip 3 phones that are in warranty. 

I'm also seeing that unsurprisingly Samsung has failed to stand behind their product.

It really bothers me because those of us who have purchased the phone are among their most loyal customers! 

We're early adopters who went out on the limb at the cost of $1,000+ each.

Many of us myself included, have been long-term customers. My first Samsung phone was the S5 (which I still have), I've had nearly every flagship model since (including the S, edge and Note series). 

As a matter of fact, I still have most of these phones that are many years older than my Z flip & none of them have damage! They're all in working still, not one cracked screen!

Yet here I am one year after buying this phone the screen is cracked along the fold which means it's not likely to still be water resistant (a important feature for me).

This is unacceptable and I'm wondering if anybody has already filed a class action lawsuit. 

38 REPLIES 38
keith30
Maestro
Options
The reason I wouldn't buy a flip or fold device cos of the screen replacement us customers have to pay to get it repaired because Samsung won't honor the cost of the repair which is down to poor workmanship. I certainly won't buy one.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think the main concern for many has been that the factory fitted screen protector has delaminated after a period of time which peopke then think the screen has cracked.

The screen protector on my Fold³ delaminated so I peeled it away.

M colleague at work Fold³ had the same delamination.

I've not met anyone personally who's phone screen on the Fold³ or Flip³ has cracked.

I'm in no way dismissing the posts we see on the forum and I have no insight to eat the Service Centres are saying after assessing a phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

KadiD
First Poster
Options

Screen protector on my flip 3 was cracked by December (I got the phone in Sept). Not knowing it was just a protector, I sent it back to Samsung for repair. It took nearly 2 months to get it back, three months after that it cracked again. Not wanting to repeat the previous experience I pulled the protector off. 

SO YES, the cracks are on the SCREEN not the protector.

SID59
Pioneer
Options

Hello,

I have sent notice to Samsung to replace my mobile. If they don't reply, I will sue them

Gman1707
Explorer
Options
I would be willing to take out a class action suit if enough people were to join in the action. The issues I have are with TNT FIRST samsungs repair centre uk, they are crooks. They cause damage to device to get out of warenty repairs.
Gman1707
Explorer
Options

Yes I would join in.

coxy1970
First Poster
Options
Hi I've had same problem had to take my screen protector due to cracking and bubbling after 12 months.2 months later starting to crack on screen now poorly made phone in my opinion
SID59
Pioneer
Options

Can we start a petition and collect signatures to measure  the size of this flaws 

Arkadiusz33
Explorer
Options

I'm not sure if you can do class action lawsuit in EU, but I know you can report samsung to trading standards. If everything goes well you should get refund.