Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the screen of my Z flip 3 doomed?

(Topic created on: 15-02-2022 11:32 AM)
JoeyyM
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

So today as I woke up I had a bit of a nasty surprise as I found some (stress?) marks along the fold that have appeared out of nowhere, the biggest of them has actually punctured the plastic protector and can be felt by just running the finger over it, so my guess is that the glass itself has cracked.

Although functionally still works fine, what really worries me is if it's a sign that the screen is going to fail along the fold, does anybody know if Samsung would be able to fix it with the warranty? From what I've seen it's a somewhat common failure with these phones so someone must have had the same experience as me.

IMG-20220215-WA0008.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Looks like there's an issue with the screen protector on that.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store nearby, see if they can replace that for you.
Or Contact Samsung Customer support. You will find the number in the Get Help section of the Members App
I know some have removed the protector completely. Personally I'd look at replacing it.
0 Likes
planetmike
Explorer
Options

This is a manufacturing defect and these phones should be recalled. Here is a photo of my Z-Flip. As you can see there are two small cracks, about 4mm each. My guess is these will migrate and expand across the hinge with time. Speaking with Samsung Support and their affiliated local shops in the States, these screens are color specific (since they replace the back shell when replacing the front screen) and the black ones are on back-order. Generally speaking, the customer service is awful. Rather than a one-stop-shop concept where Samsung would coordinate the entire repair for you, here they want you to call each shop individually. This can only enrage their customers further!!!....

20220307_072942.jpg

inwe85
Explorer
Options

It's been 3 months and I'm still fighting my way through the Telco, Ombudsman, Consumer Protection and I may well have to take them to small claims court. Similar to what a lot of people are saying on the forum, Samsung is denying all responsibilities for cracked screens along the fold of Flip/Fold phone and blaming the consumer, thereby voiding the warranty straight up and giving a "discounted repair amount out of good will". CROOKS that deserve to be boycotted.