Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infuriating updates (Galaxy Z Flip 3)

(Topic created on: 28-04-2023 10:22 AM)
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

I'v a Galaxy Z Flip 3 which I've been generally happy with. I followed some advice I'd read somewhere to limit recharges to max out at 85% - BUT - each time I recharge, the next time I switch on the phone it'll almost always go into a big round of updates. And by the time they're all finished my battery power is languishing down in the 60's somewhere!!

It invariably happens just after recharging and is absolutely infuriating. Is there some way I can limit updates to just happen (say) one per month?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I found myself when auto update was turned on in Google play store settings. None would actually update, so when checking I had a lot of updates for apps to do. Now that I have turned off Auto updates I do get a notification that there are updates needed, if turning my phone on in the morning. I found I no longer have too many to update and just a few. Not sure if this is any help to you.
johne53
Pathfinder
Options

Thanks @Fiona26 - I haven't noticed if Google Play is the main culprit but I've disabled its updates for the moment and I'll see if that helps. When I first powered up this morning, the phone spent around 40 mins updating and then started another update about an hour later. And already it's showing me another 8 apps which need to be updated. It's driving me nuts!!

johne53
Pathfinder
Options

@Fiona26... it's looking like you were right. Disabling updates in Google Play made a massive difference here but of course I can still update manually whenever it's convenient -  instead of the automatic updates constantly draining my battery. Many thanks!

0 Likes