Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Verification problems for trade in promotion?

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 12:19 PM)
Rho62
Journeyman
Options

Hi. Has anyone had any problems getting their imei number verified for the trade in promotion? It accepted it for the starter kit promotion but when I attempted the trade in promotion it wouldn't verify my imei number. Frustrating to say the least! I've contacted support by email 3 times and no response. I contacted Samsung by phone and they told me to clear my cache or try another device. I have done both of those but still no joy...any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance 
27 REPLIES 27
Chooii
Pathfinder
Options
I haven't had the same issue but I do have a suggestion.

Try doing it in an incognito tab or privacy tab in your Internet browser.

Another of us had a lot of issues getting the free samsung care on the new fold and flips using a regular browser but doing it in an incognito browser made it go through no problems.

Not a definite solution but a suggestion.

Fingers crossed it helps.
Rho62
Journeyman
Options
Thank you I'll give it a go
0 Likes
BarbedHawk
Student
Options

Exactly the same problem here. Have been trying to get the trade-in offer for the new Watch4 range and both IMEI/Serial number is not being recognised..

Have tried 3 different browsers (also in incognito mode etc) and across 4 different devices with no luck.

Have contacted support twice, with all relevant documentation, but have received no reply as of yet.

Oddly enough, I was accepted for the Google Play vouchers with no hitch at all.

SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks for trying other browsers as suggested by Chooii. Let's see how we can get this sorted for you, @Rho62  and @BarbedHawk

Please can you send your SN and IMEI in a Private Message to @Sam_UK along with your email address, name and order reference number.  Please make sure to share this in private as it is sensitive and unique information. We'll be able to escalate your issue and get more information for you. 

^SachikoT 

BarbedHawk
Student
Options

Just an update. Just received a reply from Samsung support via email. Tried the verification process now and all is good..

Keep checking your email, am sure you'll get a reply soon.

Rho62
Journeyman
Options
I got mine up and running yesterday after 5 hours on the phone to different departments. Nightmare...but it has been resolved now and all I well thanks for all your help
AntS
Options

Glad to hear that it's sorted for you, @BarbedHawk  and @Rho62.

Out of curiosity, what steps or actions that Support suggested worked for you guys in the end? (Obvs don't share any personal info.)

0 Likes
Rho62
Journeyman
Options
For me none of them as all they could say was that they couldn't help me and kept passing me on to different departments. They said it was a promotion that the mtr group was running and they woukd have to sort it. When I tried contacting them all options had the same message that their voice mail was full. In the end they eventually replied to one of my messages. Relieved to say the least.
Lgoodacre68
Apprentice
Options

I also have the same problem and now John Lewis are denying they have ever had the promotion on the Z Flip 3 so feel completed conned and struggling who to contact as MTR haven't replied to my emails either

0 Likes