Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I WILL NOT BE BUYING SAMSUNG PRODUCTS ANYMORE.

(Topic created on: 15-03-2022 03:01 AM)
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Attention!

Are you considering purchasing a Samsung product?

Please read this first.

Up until recently, I had been a loyal and devout Samsung consumer. With thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of purchases to my credit.

My last and most recent purchase was a Samsung Z Fold 3 at $2000.00

At the time of purchase my Best Buy sales person along with a Samsung rep. told me, that for any reason at all (within the first year) I am entitled to a free screen protector replacement, as the one that comes with the phone can not be replaced by the consumer "at this time" .
She then proceeded to explain, that the only one that is approved for this replacement is either a company called, "You Break I Fix" or an authorized Samsung repair center.
So I proceeded with the purchase.

...4 months later.

I notice at the top and bottom of the folding portion of the screen, the screen protector appeared to be separating from the screen.
At first, just a fraction of an inch, but over time, steadily advancing to the point that it delaminated the entire length of the folding hing portion of the screen...

That's when I decided to stop into our local U-break I fix repair store. They proceeded to explain that they do not repair the screen protectors for Best Buy or Samsung anymore, as the process for doing so has proved to be beyond their capabilities. I then proceeded to Best Buy. (30 miles out of town) I explain my case and after an hour or so of heated conversation and getting nowhere, one sales member offered to make me an appointment at another Best Buy repair store that was located in (Can you believe?) a neighboring "state", about an hour away from there.
The following day, and after another hostile conversation. A Best Buy manager informed me that they could not do the replacement and I would have to send it into Samsung.
The next day I attempted to contact Samsung support. (No easy task) They told me they would fix it under warranty for free and will send me a prepaid shipping label . So I sent it out.
After a week, I receved an email that stated "Not covered under warranty" $500+ to repair. No reply phone number, no e-mail, just payment options.

To shorten this up a bit. I found the next few days excruciatingly exhausting while navigating the endless amounts of handoffs, trade-offs from different support personal only to be routinely hung up on, disconnected and mis- directed (lied to).

Now the icing on the cake: In the mix of trying to get this situation resolved, A suction cup that was attached to my windshield landed on the dashboard, and then on top of my open phone screen as I was making a call.
At first glance there appeared to be absolutely no damage. The next day I noticed that there was a couple of pixels missing beneath the screen, (about the size of a pinhead) allowing only bright white light to be seen. (This by the way wasn't even remotely in the vicinity of the area in question for warranty) Although it was like adding salt to the wound, (because any other standard type of screen protector would have protected against this.) I understand that this was an accident, and wouldn't be covered under warranty and didn't request it to be.

With that said, this is how it played out,

Samsungs management told me that it was their policy, that when a screen protector warranty replacement comes in, that if there were any other signs of wear or damage (even unrelated) the screen protector would not be covered under warranty and it would be a $500+ charge.

Side Note:
After several additional visits to Best Buy in attempt to rectify the situation. I was approached by one very understanding brave sole who jeopardized his own position to inform me as to what I was up against.

They told me this was not the first time they had an issue with this phones screen protector...
and that U break I fix have stopped doing it because its to difficult to replace. They went on to say , they were told that it can only be properly done during manufacturing,, and to just tell customers that we DON'T have any in stock and not sure when they will be in, and to advise customers to contact Samsung.
This person also went on a limb to say" Samsung repair has found that its easier to replace the entire screen with the protector already installed from the plant, than to try to install it themselves.
This inevitably resulting in the implementation of a policy that states "if there appears to be any other imperfections on the phone other than a faulty screen protector, it will be their policy to void the warranty of the screen protector, and to tell the customer, that due to the unrelated wear and tear, it is their policy to replace everything not just the faulty screen protector at a cost of $500+.
This person also went on to say he was not sure if this would even fix the issues with the faulty screen protectors and that I may be up against the same problem every 4-5 months at the same $500+ cost. (Thank you lord, for there are still some good people out there.)

I can not begin to explain the emotions and stress endured during the struggle of this mind melding process of mega giant corporate deception and deviant behavior, only that I never ever want to hear again in my life, the almost robot-like instilled phrase, "No worries sir, we are here to help."

At this time I have no other choice but to pay.
I have no other form of communication or way of doing business with the outside world. My life has been put on hold by a simple faulty screen protector on a $2000.00 phone.
I thought I was buying the best product from the Best place.

I WAS REGRETFULLY WRONG,

There apears to only be one thing left that stands between us, and the greedy, devent behavior of corporate conglomerates ,,and that is, FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
... and their working on that now.

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Time for a class action lawsuit. 🤔

View solution in context

Solution
Kojak48
Student
Options

Yep I have the same issue. I have cracks on the on the factory installed screen protector right in the fold started at the bottom now its at the top and middle too. Also the factory front screen protector is also pealing up. Got the run around with going to bestbuy and the song and dance about they never got the parts to fix it. Sent it into Samsung and there isn't a scratch anywhere on my phone, but they sent me an email the other day saying it's 518 to fix it. I called them and the rep said they found a scratch on the bezel so that voids the warranty and to fix it I have to pay 518.00. I told them it's not going to happen. Spoke to the supervisor in repair and she said they don't have the phone from inspection yet but she will look at it when it comes to them and see if they can fix it. There weren't any scratches on it when I sent it to them. I took  pictures at ups of the phone before I sent it to them. So we will see. I doubt anything is going to change. This is an illegal policy they are trying to push on customers. I really hope someone sues them for this. I have been using their phones since galaxy S3. I doubt I will be buying any more. 

View solution in context

Solution
Mark29359
Helping Hand
Options
I have the same problem as all the posts above so have removed my protector and now don't have one at all. I will be not be having another fold or flip phone ever and once my contract is done I will be moving to another brand. Samsung have really shot themselves in the foot with the fold and flip and I think they will live to regret the lack of support.

View solution in context

28 REPLIES 28
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tiredofgetting 

I totally understand and appreciate the frustration and disappointment this must have caused as the failure of the screen protector happened to my Fold³ too. 🙄

I can't comment on what occurs in your region in regards to repairs and warranty as regions can have different terms.

I'm in the UK.

I have read that Samsung have resorted to replacing the whole screen and Battery if the screen protector fails.

It can certainly be removed by the owner which does not void the warranty however the caveat is that if damage is caused by the process of removing it then warranty is voided.

My Fold³ went the same way as yours.

A bubble started near the Fold crease at the bottom which with then folding and unfolding the phone this caused the bubble to grow all the way up the centre crease.

I ended up fully peeling off the screen protector on my Fold³.

There are 3rd party accessory manufacturers such as Whitestone dome that sell them however I've decided to use my phone without one.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Alan1304
Student
Options
I also had the same issue with the protector on my z fold 3.

This has put me off samsung, and I am also thinking about selling and getting an iPhone, but the value has dropped ... and alot
Cybrdude
First Poster
Options

Samsung Experience Store in Palo Alto replaced my cracked screen protector free of charge (per the warranty). No hassle and no charge. 

Members_gEE3qja
First Poster
Options

Yeah, I know what you are going through. I've the fold 2, and up untill this weekend I would have told people it's a freaking amazing device, something groundbreaking. The screen protector came lose in the first month, but I personally choose to remove if because of the annoying bubbles and hope for the best. Screen fine, and untill this day, it still is.

However, for some reason, the hinge no longer fully unfolds to 180 degrees. In close inspection I believe a tiny grain of sand somehow got into my pocket and into my phone. No way to get it out. So I contacted support, if they could give me a quote for what they expected such repair to cost. They said they couldn't answer unless I would send the phone. 

Sure it's not as bad as your situation, but a not fully unfolding device is really anoying and to me feels unusuable. I don't want to spend up to 750 euro on a 1,5 year old device that I wanted to replace with the fold 4. 

Right now, I've chosen to give up on fold devices. And reading messages like you only confirms the big issue with these devices. They are amazing untill they aren't. And with all the "green" talk from Samsung, their support and repairability options are not that different then an Apple device. It's terrible, and should be forbidden by law.

Umair Soofi
First Poster
Options

honestly i facing the same problem and whats the point of having a fold phone which I cannot unfold. and by visiting the service center they told me the repair cost will be around 700$ which is absurd. i mean whats the point of supporting samsung on launching such high end phones when they cannot give proper maintenance etc. have been samsung customer since note 3. ironically I still have damaged note 3/ note 8 and now fold 2. still placed in cupboard of no use. switching to iPhone permanently because this is a huge loss. i am sorry but I know samsung will not be bothered by this post even. bybyeee samsung.

s0uthpaw
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same problem with the Flip screen and with Samsung support. Screen turns off when phone opened and the screen protector has also started lifting off on one side of the hinge. I returned it to Samsung (handled by Fonfix in Ireland), and received a shockingly poor level of service. Because of some scuff marks from normal use ON THE OPPOSITE METAL SIDE OF THE DEVICE (nowhere near and nothing to do with the problem) they deemed the phone to have had its warranty voided. They said it would need a screen replacement (unlikely to fix the problem) and I would be liable for the full cost if I proceded. Completely outrageous. Never buying a Samsung again. Have put the phone up for sale, I'm switching to iPhone.

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

You must be a "troll" otherwise why would anyone waist their time telling others  who are disappointed in service how great yours was.

Harrier mk2
First Poster
Options

I am curently sitting in a Samsung store in London iv been to 2 now, out of stock and the tech mentioned that Samsung are stopping the service to replace the protectors soon too so guess that's the price we are now left to live with for buying their halo product, I even waited a few months so I could get info on Any issues before I bought mine...  I'm saddened by Samsungs policy on this but I'm watching the techs running around trying to help me get a solution so can't be angry with the staff

Fpnyc71
First Poster
Options

I'm going through the same thing after 7 months with phone , $528 to repair and I have no pixel damage. They are saying the LCD was damaged. I have a 1 inch bubble on the bottom hinge and the top hinge is just starting. For the first time ever I want an iPhone