Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

I WILL NOT BE BUYING SAMSUNG PRODUCTS ANYMORE.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2022 09:44 PM)
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Attention!

Are you considering purchasing a Samsung product?

Please read this first.

Up until recently, I had been a loyal and devout Samsung consumer. With thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of purchases to my credit.

My last and most recent purchase was a Samsung Z Fold 3 at $2000.00

At the time of purchase my Best Buy sales person along with a Samsung rep. told me, that for any reason at all (within the first year) I am entitled to a free screen protector replacement, as the one that comes with the phone can not be replaced by the consumer "at this time" .
She then proceeded to explain, that the only one that is approved for this replacement is either a company called, "You Break I Fix" or an authorized Samsung repair center.
So I proceeded with the purchase.

...4 months later.

I notice at the top and bottom of the folding portion of the screen, the screen protector appeared to be separating from the screen.
At first, just a fraction of an inch, but over time, steadily advancing to the point that it delaminated the entire length of the folding hing portion of the screen...

That's when I decided to stop into our local U-break I fix repair store. They proceeded to explain that they do not repair the screen protectors for Best Buy or Samsung anymore, as the process for doing so has proved to be beyond their capabilities. I then proceeded to Best Buy. (30 miles out of town) I explain my case and after an hour or so of heated conversation and getting nowhere, one sales member offered to make me an appointment at another Best Buy repair store that was located in (Can you believe?) a neighboring "state", about an hour away from there.
The following day, and after another hostile conversation. A Best Buy manager informed me that they could not do the replacement and I would have to send it into Samsung.
The next day I attempted to contact Samsung support. (No easy task) They told me they would fix it under warranty for free and will send me a prepaid shipping label . So I sent it out.
After a week, I receved an email that stated "Not covered under warranty" $500+ to repair. No reply phone number, no e-mail, just payment options.

To shorten this up a bit. I found the next few days excruciatingly exhausting while navigating the endless amounts of handoffs, trade-offs from different support personal only to be routinely hung up on, disconnected and mis- directed (lied to).

Now the icing on the cake: In the mix of trying to get this situation resolved, A suction cup that was attached to my windshield landed on the dashboard, and then on top of my open phone screen as I was making a call.
At first glance there appeared to be absolutely no damage. The next day I noticed that there was a couple of pixels missing beneath the screen, (about the size of a pinhead) allowing only bright white light to be seen. (This by the way wasn't even remotely in the vicinity of the area in question for warranty) Although it was like adding salt to the wound, (because any other standard type of screen protector would have protected against this.) I understand that this was an accident, and wouldn't be covered under warranty and didn't request it to be.

With that said, this is how it played out,

Samsungs management told me that it was their policy, that when a screen protector warranty replacement comes in, that if there were any other signs of wear or damage (even unrelated) the screen protector would not be covered under warranty and it would be a $500+ charge.

Side Note:
After several additional visits to Best Buy in attempt to rectify the situation. I was approached by one very understanding brave sole who jeopardized his own position to inform me as to what I was up against.

They told me this was not the first time they had an issue with this phones screen protector...
and that U break I fix have stopped doing it because its to difficult to replace. They went on to say , they were told that it can only be properly done during manufacturing,, and to just tell customers that we DON'T have any in stock and not sure when they will be in, and to advise customers to contact Samsung.
This person also went on a limb to say" Samsung repair has found that its easier to replace the entire screen with the protector already installed from the plant, than to try to install it themselves.
This inevitably resulting in the implementation of a policy that states "if there appears to be any other imperfections on the phone other than a faulty screen protector, it will be their policy to void the warranty of the screen protector, and to tell the customer, that due to the unrelated wear and tear, it is their policy to replace everything not just the faulty screen protector at a cost of $500+.
This person also went on to say he was not sure if this would even fix the issues with the faulty screen protectors and that I may be up against the same problem every 4-5 months at the same $500+ cost. (Thank you lord, for there are still some good people out there.)

I can not begin to explain the emotions and stress endured during the struggle of this mind melding process of mega giant corporate deception and deviant behavior, only that I never ever want to hear again in my life, the almost robot-like instilled phrase, "No worries sir, we are here to help."

At this time I have no other choice but to pay.
I have no other form of communication or way of doing business with the outside world. My life has been put on hold by a simple faulty screen protector on a $2000.00 phone.
I thought I was buying the best product from the Best place.

I WAS REGRETFULLY WRONG,

There apears to only be one thing left that stands between us, and the greedy, devent behavior of corporate conglomerates ,,and that is, FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
... and their working on that now.

28 REPLIES 28
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

This has no relevance to the salution of the situation.  Please disregard. 

0 Likes
Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options
  • I can't believe the arrogance of this company. After all the complaints,  nothing, just walking away like it's nothing. 🤬
0 Likes
Elkfady
First Poster
Options

I dont have a crack on my fold, only there was a horizontal light streak across the screen they took it reluctatantly admitting it was under waranty, they did not utter a word about an in depth investigation to void the waranty. But sure enough they refused to repair under waranty pretending I broke the screen, which was not broken at all. They wanted a large sum to repair it. I asked for my phone back. It was an ordeal to recuperate it. It is not Samsung, it is the dealer! The consumer has paid for the offered waranty, its like an insurance policy which is not honoured. In insurance there is a government regulator here we need to go to the ministry that protects consumers, that is all. Unless the HQ in Seoul hear about what dealers do and save the brands reputation.. such a pity.. no one will buy Samsung again.. there sre so many brands that care about their brand and reputation

0 Likes
Elkfady
First Poster
Options

You see people it is the dealer not SAMSUNG honest dealer dishonest dealers Samsung Experience in Paris Madeleine is the worse à friendly advice NEVER BUY A PHONE TABLET OR ANYTHING THERE

0 Likes
Elkfady
First Poster
Options

Where is the law?? Very rare thing.. just refer to the sdvertising in 2018 when the fold started they actualy show a video with someone hitting and banging the screen with a large hammer UNbreakable they say.. It is not glass after all so ?

0 Likes
Ellen18
Student
Options

Let's do it. After you use it for a while, it becomes a $2000 *****. It is a nice phone. You just can not use it with a peeling off screen. You have to pay $500+ to fix their problem? Let's sue them!

0 Likes
Ellen18
Student
Options

I am also going back to iPhone. No more Samsung phones.

Lindsay Burrows
Journeyman
Options

Good luck with that! Might want to jump online and check apples policies for returns and warranties (first hand experience like this forum provides) I would say they are worse than samsung by a very long way in regards to warranty work.

0 Likes
cyborg21
First Poster
Options
I definitely will never be buying Samsung products again. I have owned almost all their flagship phones from the S3 days. I only just found out the guys they use for their repairs in the uk are Likewize and these guys are useless cowboys that are not ready to fix anything. They will take payment on the first day you send your device to them and will make you wait several weeks to tell you they don't have parts in stock after which they will demand more money. I am done with Samsung.
0 Likes