Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get the latest Galaxy phone every year: Samsung Upgrade Programme in the UK

(Topic created on: 18-08-2021 12:28 PM)
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

The Samsung Upgrade programme means that you can have always have the latest Galaxy phone.

A finance programme that allows you to get the latest Galaxy phone every 12 months, while only paying for a percentage of the phone’s value.

How it works 

Upgrade Programme.PNG

Just three easy steps

1. You pay 10% of the phone’s price upfront,
  2. Then you pay 23 equal monthly instalments, equivalent to 70% of the phone’s price split into 23 payments,
  3. At the final 24th final instalment, equivalent to 20% of the phone’s price, so you can choose between:
    • Returning the phone for upgrade and upgrade to the latest Galaxy phone after 12 months, and have a 4-month window to upgrade. If you do not upgrade in the 4-month window, i.e. between the 12th and 16th month, you then have to wait until month 24 to upgrade.
    • Keeping your phone and walk away

How quickly do I have to send my old phone after upgrading?

Once your new device is sent, you will be sent a separate pre-paid packaging for your returns so that you can return your old device to Samsung for free. You have 7 days to transfer your data and send it back to us

What should I do before I send my old phone to Upgrade?

1. Back up your files including photos and any other data and migrate any data you need to your new device
  2. Remove any your lock screen security (Biometrics/Password/Pin/Pattern)
  3. Remove your Google and Samsung Accounts
  4. Factory data reset the device to remove your personal information
  5. Remove your SIM and any memory cards
  6. Pack the device, (charger, the box and accessories if you have them) into the pre-paid packaging sent to you.

Helpful links

10 REPLIES 10
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
Sachiko...... can you confirm to me that you can't upgrade from an S series phone to the Z series? I have been on the phone to a colleague who said you can't.

If this is not possible, please can you explain why so that I can understand.
0 Likes
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

At the moment, it is not possible to switch from one series to another on the Samsung Upgrade Programme. We have relayed to the business that there is interest in switching between the series on the Upgrade Programme. 

If you are currently eligible to upgrade (as you are on your final 24th instalment of your agreement), to switch between series you could:

1. Take the decision to walk away from the agreement with your current phone.
  2. Rejoin the Samsung Upgrade Programme selecting a Galaxy to start - this will be a new 24-month agreement (for this series specifically) 
  3. Don't forget to use Samsung Recycle if you wanted to sell your old handset
0 Likes
BazzarSumsang
Apprentice
Options

I am due an upgrade via the program but have just started a job where i can get the 10% off via the EPP (Employee Purchase Program)

It says on the Upgrade Lounge FAQ that the EPP can used but I am unable to find any option to select the upgrade program once on the EPP portal.

Has anyone managed it?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @BazzarSumsang,

You can newly join the Samsung Upgrade Programme via your Employee Purchase Portal (EPP), but we will always ask that you manage the next phase of your upgrade at https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/

If you are already within the Upgrade Programme (between month 1 and 23), your contract and financial agreement is already fixed so you would not be able to add any EPP discount until this agreement has concluded.

0 Likes
BazzarSumsang
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for that.

So if you wasn't already part of the upgrade scheme, you would only get the discount once at the initial agreement.

However, I thought each contract was its own separate agreement and by returning the phone, it closes it out?

Plus I cannot find any mention of the upgrade program on the EPP portal.

0 Likes
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
Can I just confirm something...... Samsung Galaxy Fold 3 (latest Galaxy).... the advert says... "switch the the latest Galaxy every 12 months..." but yet you can't upgrade to the latest Galaxy every 12 months as the upgrade programme only allows for upgrades in the same series. I have the S20 plus right now and I only get options for the S21 series (NOT the latest Galaxy). This is misleading..... I want the latest Galaxy, I'm due my upgrade, however I can't do it?!?!?!
0 Likes
Neilsby
First Poster
Options

This seems slightly unfair on some. Also a strange business model for others. If you're an S21 owner, Samsung are essentially stopping someone upgrading to a product that is twice as expensive. If you are a note 20 ultra customer (Like myself) samsung are essentially stopping your upgrade programme because there is no new note and the fold 3 with it's stylus seems to be the replacement. 

0 Likes
SamPhoenix
Journeyman
Options
Hi, i appear to be late to this thread, however here is my situation.

I am on the upgrade program with a Samsung S20FE

The only device option is theZ flip or fold.

My issue is that they are both in excess of double the monthly cost but also im told that i cannot swap between product ranges. Therefore breaking the agreed contract upgrade to latest model in the range
0 Likes
Blu3Str3ak
Journeyman
Options
What is this bit about "time to upgrade after 12 months"? I am past 13 months on my s20 fe and dont have an upgrade invite or option yet. I have been asked to check on the Upgrade Lounge but have been trying for past 2 months only to see a consistent error - 'technical difficulties, please try again later'. Anyone figure it out yet?