Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gallery photos not in order after switch

(Topic created on: 22-08-2021 07:59 PM)
Jonnyroger
First Poster
Options
Have used Samsung Switch to move from note 10 to z flip 3. All my photos in gallery now show as taken on the day I transferred them. How can I put them back in date order? Any suggestions? 

Samsung has advised the following:-
We understand how important it is to keep track of precious memories!

We've looked into this, and can confirm that due to how the Android software operates, the data that images transferred via Smart Switch will default their registered date to the date of transfer.

At this time, there isn't a way to alter this, but we'd recommend feeding it back to the developers by getting in touch using the Samsung Community. This is a great place filled with people who love talking about all things Samsung. Further to this, it's a great place to submit feedback to the developers. You can access the Samsung Community at the following link:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/english/ct-p/uk

We appreciate that this may not be the answer you were expecting, but we hope it helps to clarify the situation. If you need further assistance after this, be sure to use the Ask A Question feature within Samsung Members on your Z Flip3, or reach out to us via Facebook/Twitter. ^JS
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
This always happens to me when switching phones, so bloody annoying
0 Likes
PMartin107
First Poster
Options

This is totally unacceptable! I have literally thousands of photos that I've just transfered to my new Samsung S23 Ultra and since the transfer using Smart Switch they are now in a totally random order. I cannot find any photos so am unable to post anything including photos I took in the last couple of days. 
If Smart Switch in unable to keep them in date order a warning should be given first. In addition, there should be a way to transfer in batches by month, year or even exact date so that at least they are reasonably organized.

0 Likes
Cat98
Apprentice
Options

Super random but i managed to fix this by deleting all photos (tick all at the top to save time) and then restoring them from the recycling bin (again click all then restore). No idea why it worked but they are organised by day/month/year now!

0 Likes
Aoblittle
First Poster
Options

Today I discovered another fix for this problem.  Back up to Google and it will reinstate the day/month/year again, in that space.  Won't be organised on your phone though.

0 Likes
Members_41n0ph5
Apprentice
Options

tried it, but no luck. Thanks

0 Likes