Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z fold 3 screen "protector" delamination

(Topic created on: 22-01-2022 07:39 AM)
Tim hoath
First Poster
Options

I have an issue with my Z Fold screen, last week I saw a delamination just below the top T piece in the middle of the screen where it folds of the screen protector.

Now last night I unfolded it and it delaminated all the way down the middle of the fold.

I phoned Samsung and all they can do is for me to take it to a repair center over 70miles away. So Im taking it to ee tomorrow to see what they can do. 

Any help with this would be appreciated samsung! 

9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well there are not many options.
Think EE will have to send it off as well as it's not something they will repair in shop.
Sending it off to a Samsung authorised repairer will be the best idea. Just remember to backup all your Data on your phone as it will likely be factory reset.
I always factory reset my phone before sending it off to repair, as I don't want any of my stuff accessed by anyone else.

Alternatively, and I personally don't recommend it. Some have removed the screen protector and either not using one or fitted their own.
Just if you damaged the screen doing this, you wouldn't be covered for warranty repairs
GothicGeisha
Navigator
Options
So its not the actual screen doing this? Just a screen protector?
If its just a plastic screen protector then I think that's kind of a sacrifice that will have to be taken due to the phones design.
I have the Note10 with a full wrap protector case on it fits very snug, even though it was sold as "fingerprint" compatible, I've never been able to use my fingerprints unless I want to keep separating the case to do so.... which is extremely difficult lol, so unless I buy a new case I'll keep living with that issue, on the plus side I know all my passwords by memory as I can't even get into Samsung pass to view them 🤣
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tim hoath

I've seen a few posts in regards to the factory fitted screen protector lifting on the Fold 3.

Personally if mine does this my own decision will be to peel it off carefully and use it without one or apply a film or glass option from Whitestone Dome.

If you do send it away then as well as the excellent advice from @Glenntech also take time and date stamped pictures of the phone to show it's aesthetic condition and take one of it turned On.

I wish you all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Tiredofgetting
Pioneer
Options

Do not remove the screensaver yourself !!!!

It is there for a reason. Underneath the screen protector the screen scratches and damages pixels much easier than a regular cell phone. Don't let them talk you into doing something that will void the warranty and relieve them from any  Is liability.

This is a Samsung design error they should be responsible for all  repairs and costs related to this faulty screen protector..

Mine failed just after 4 months. This is a $2000 phone it should have been capable of withstanding years of everyday use.. There needs to be a recall. and the cost needs to be absorbed by Samsung. Anything else would just be plain criminal.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Tiredofgetting 

You mention your screen protector on your Fold³ has failed after 4 months.

Have Samsung replaced your screen protector  ?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just an update on my Fold³ and the inner factory fitted tpu screen protector.

Today the screen protector has failed up the centre on the folding section.

I'm going to leave the protector in place until / if the screen protector fails further or the current lifting spoils my user experience then I'm going to carefully remove it.

Disclaimer  >

I'm aware this will not void the 24 Month Manufacturers warranty but if damage is caused in the act of removing it then this can.

I will then replace it with a film type screen protector from another source or leave it without one.

This is solely my choice and I in no way endorse or advise others should follow my lead.

It's a personal choice.

Screen protectors can and will fail as I've found on many phone's I've owned and do not feel this is a failure of the phone or a manufacturers defect.

I usually replace the factory fitted screen protectors with Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protectors , however due to the Fold ³ screen it is a bit fiddly to replace as it's not the same as replacing the screen protector on a slab type phone which is much easier.

It kind of makes sense that due to the amount of time's a Fold is unfolded and folded this can occur. Don't get me wrong i hoped it wouldn't.

This is my own opinion as a customer.

0 Likes
Kerri
First Poster
Options

My Samsung Flip Z 3 has also started doing this in the last few days.

What is the process for getting this issue fixed?

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Kerri 

I ended up peeling mine off and am using it just fine without the factory fitted screen protector.

Alternatively a person can reach out to a Samsung Service Centre or buy one from a 3rd party company. 

0 Likes