Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy z fold 2 sale in USA but not in UK

(Topic created on: 23-11-2020 05:04 PM)
Tabbyh7
Apprentice
Options

Why is that the USA gets awesome deals on the galazy z fold 2 but for some reason we have none in the UK. Just thought id have a moan about. We seem to be getting pushed hard for the galaxy note ultra but not so much on the foldables. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Rip off UK. I've seen many better promo deals and trade in offers in US compared to UK but thats just how it is.
0 Likes
Tabbyh7
Apprentice
Options
wish Samsung UK get their act together and offer their UK customers the same deals
0 Likes
rouster
First Poster
Options
Does USA SAMSUNG FLIP WORK OK IN THE UK
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Tabbyh7 

I totally get your viewpoint on this.

Different region = different consumer market and shopping trends I guess !

In the past consumers in the UK were basically only offered trade in deals.

Now we do get better deals that offer extra Samsung Care + warranty and offers on accessories.

I recieved the free Samsung Starter Kit , a % off an Aramid case and 4 months of YouTube Premium. I appreciate that I've purchased the Fold 3 and your interested in the Fold 2. 

Sometimes Pre ordering a phone when its first launched can come hand in hand with promotional items.

Keep looking in the Samsung Members App and on the Samsung Online Shop for future offers on the Fold 2 is my suggestion. 🤞

@rouster 

I've imported the Samsung Note 20 Ultra from Hong Kong as I wanted the SnapDragon soc version, and this worked ok.

Apparantly Samsung Pay may not work work but I use Google Pay anyway,  and the benefits section in the Samsung Members app was missing due to the phone being used in a region it wasn't released in.

Some said 5G worked and some said it didn't. My UK tariffs didn't include 5G so I couldn't test this, although 3G, 4G and 4G+ did which is fast enough and I don't download large files so I wasn't missing much by not having 5G.

Also Samsung UK most probably wouldn't support an imported phone under the Samsung Limited 2 year manufacturing warranty. So if you needed a repair or support you would have to go back to the source that supplied it.

I used Wondamobile who applied their own 12 month warranty onto the phone,

My keyboard layout was slightly different to the UK keyboard. I'm not sure that would be the same on a phone from the States,  but one could use a different keyboard if they wanted to.

Software and security updates came through ok.

Playstore and Samsung Galaxy Apps updated Ok.

I used o2 and Vodafone sim cards.

When I was looking into buying the general consensus was to import from Hong Kong and not the States,  as the Hong Kong phone versions bands and frequencies worked better with UK Networks.

Hope that helps. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes