What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip4 - Repair

(Topic created on: 18-05-2023 10:14 AM)
Options

Hello, I have a 4 months old Flip4 hardly been used much but it was left in my office bag along with my laptop. I think it the phone went under the laptop and it is does not flop open completely. It is hard to explain the problem. Please see the pictures. I went to EE from whom I brought the phone, they said the repair would cost over £450. I have not taken insurance but one wouldn't expect the repair to be this expensive given the phone is quite new and the damage is caused is not an unusual one. Any suggestion would be helpful. 

Phone 2.jpgPhone 1.jpg 

5 REPLIES 5
Alfsdad
Voyager
Options
Samsung provide a warranty on all it's phones. Normally 2 tears.
0 Likes
Options

Thank you, this is very helpful. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Galaxy Z flip 4 : I should clarify that our warranty covers software and hardware defects, but not instances of physical damage, liquid damage or unauthorised modifications. If the engineer deems your issue to be the result of physical damage, accidental or otherwise, then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service and any necessary repairs. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That is very unfortunate and bad luck @Galaxy Z flip 4  

Samsung will repair your phone but not free under the Samsung Limited 2 year Manufacturers Warranty as this does not cover accidental damage.

Alternatives would be to check any relevant House Contents Insurance and some Bank Accounts provide cover as a perk of the Account.

Other than that you would be required to pay the fee for repair.

I wish you all the best with this.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Blondie1972
First Poster
Options
I accidentally dropped my flip 4 and hadn't had it long and because I didn't have insurance I was told it wasn't covered. Now I have a phone I've hardly used and can't afford to do anything about it. Worst phone ever
0 Likes