Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy z flip screen protector service

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 08:54 PM)
Lisaosul25
Student
Options
I have been very annoyed to learn today that to replace the screen protector on my galaxy z flip which was bubbling and coming off, I have to go to London or Milton Keynes in person. Otherwise they don't replace it. I've had to remove the original screen protector now as it was interfering with the use of the phone. I live 2 hours away from the nearest centre and think this is outrageous. Since removing it I've realised how delicate the screen is and will scratch in no time. I've also been told I cannot use a non Samsung screen protector either. I feel like the phone is now fragile. I've only had it since October 2020. Is anyone else able to suggest anything to help me protect the screen. Its putting me off using the device. Samsung are not doing the right thing by this. This is a premium priced device and now I feel like I've got a cheap and nasty phone that I need to treat with caution every second. Ridiculous! Any advice or help gratefully received. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Mabz786
Journeyman
Options
I believe you can get them to come home for repairs check their Website
Lisaosul25
Student
Options
I've been on to samsung chat to 3 people on customer support and they have confirmed this is not classed as a repair and is seperate to the warranty. I thought that was exactly what I could do but its supposed to be free.. When I try to book a repair the screen protector replacement is not listed. I've seen how easy to scratch the screen is even a fingernail customer support told me will scratch.
0 Likes
Mabz786
Journeyman
Options
I have mine since Jan 2020 no issues so far maybe you can put some pics up on here
0 Likes
Mabz786
Journeyman
Options
if its only a screen protector then take it off and order one from ebay iv had it on mine since I bought it and iv never had a problem
0 Likes
Lisaosul25
Student
Options
Yes it's just the screen protector and I've taken it off as it started bubbling at the fold and then got worse an spread over the screen. OK so you have bought a non Samsung screen protector and it's fine?
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
You can buy and use a 3rd party screen protector, they just aren't very good, tend to bubble, don't fit well etc. So if you just want a temporary screen protector and can live with an annoying one in the meantime then just get one.
The flip phones all have the same issue of needing special screen protectors, fitted correctly, by Samsung. As the 3rd party ones just aren't very good yet, and don't seem to handle the folding well. So for now it's best to stick with Samsung proprietary protector until folding screens become more mainstream and better protectors become available
0 Likes
Lisaosul25
Student
Options
Thanks for this. The thing is its very unlikely I am going to be able to get a Samsung one if the only way to is to travel quite far. I expected this to be done by the repair centre and I think it's bad that it isn't. If the flip phone has a weakness with the screen that's not my fault as a consumer and if they are making it difficult for me to get a replacement then that's really poor. It's not my fault the original bubbled and lifted because of the fold either. But thanks for confirming that I can actually use a 3rd party one.
0 Likes