Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip Cracked screen on the fold

(Topic created on: 03-07-2022 06:40 PM)
Titchmartian
Apprentice
Options
Pick up my phone today and find that the screen is cracked along the fold. It hasn't been dropped or damaged in any way. I see that lots of people are now reporting this issue... Has anyone managed to get their phone replaced by Samsung.. this is clearly a manufacturing issue. 
8 REPLIES 8
Timo63
Explorer
Options
In deep discussion with Samsung about it.
If they tell you to send it in for inspection at TMT First DON'T!!
My phone was in perfect condition other than the cracked protector. They invalidated the warranty claiming the screen was damaged. I beg to differ!
Titchmartian
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for sharing your progress. Dud you contact samsung through this platform?
0 Likes
Timo63
Explorer
Options
No. Phoned customer services who said there was a small charge of £15-£20. I accepted that and they collected the phone next day. Got an invoice for £279 !!
0 Likes
Titchmartian
Apprentice
Options
Jeez! That is insane. I'll contact CS and see what they say, I've now read a few people that got shafted by sending their phones for inspection.
0 Likes
Timo63
Explorer
Options
Have a look at the latest Google reviews for TMT First and then you will be prepared for your discussion with CS. 😃
ANR80
Apprentice
Options

wish i had read this before!! 😞 

0 Likes
galaxy 1
First Poster
Options

i read a ton of reviews how bad the flip 3 screen qas cracking yet samsung comes out with the flip 4 amazing and yet people still continue to buy these phones to me if the screen is bad then fix with next phone or stop production and i feel when the phone says 1 year warranty the samsung should be held to that if not then they know its a issue but want people to spen hundreds more for coverage i been loking at mot razr and i feel its more better than flip 

0 Likes
foldvictim
First Poster
Options
I've had the same problem with my replacement screen too. This time it only lasted 6 months without developing a crack!! Crazy
0 Likes