Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z Flip 3 USB C - 3.5MM adapter not working

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 11:25 AM)
jaketeagle
Apprentice
Options
Received my Galaxy Z Flip 3 on Saturday and have been most pleased with it. I've noticed something strange though, my original S10 AKG headphones, plugged into my USB C to 3.5mm adapter which came with my Galaxy Tab S5E displays as USB not supported.

From reading online it seems that this would happen in the event of using 3rd Party Products but these are both genuine Samsung parts. Anybody had this and have any suggestions?

I've turned the Disable USB Audio Routing off
8 REPLIES 8
BarikUK
Helping Hand
Options
I have adapter from Huawei P20 or 30 and it is Unsupported :((((
20210831_120134_4305.jpg
| Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra 12/512Gb | Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro |
AntS
Options

Hi @jaketeagle! Great to hear about your new Z Flip3! 😎

We had a check at our end, and the Product folks have confirmed to us that the USB C to 3.5mm adapter that came with the Tab S5e doesn't contain a DAC ('Digital-to-analogue-converter') - hence why you're getting that "unsupported" message. 

jaketeagle
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for looking into that for me 😄 I appreciate your help
Bob15
First Poster
Options
I have two with a dac and both don't work different types
0 Likes
Bob15
First Poster
Options
This is oneScreenshot_20210913-132751_eBay.jpg
0 Likes
Members_dKilrpu
Student
Options

i am planning to buy Creative SFXI TRIO. and their official site gives a statement 

"Samsung devices implementation of USB C is different from andrioid standards hence, mic might not function properly" 

does this hold true for Flip 3 as well ?

JR76
First Poster
Options

Lots of funny things can happen.   I have a usb c to minijack from Sinox paired with the original Samsung Note 3 headset w/ mic and audio adjust.   When these are plugged in the audio increases every time i touch the outer screen?!!   When I unfold the phone, no volume adjust on the inner screen, BUT  when I touch the lower left side on the phone ( when  fold open)  between the two white strips ON the metal chassis the audio increases to max almost immediately.  Have a sneaking suspicion its the mic on the headset that is causing some issue.   Drives me nuts. Called Samsung support and of course they have never heard about such behavior.   Will try some mini jack headphones without mic ( only stereo) later.   Only other option is to try other brands of usb c adapters and headsets.   

0 Likes
somepratt
First Poster
Options
This has got to be a joke ***** samsung more money for adapters to use my already expencive device and headphones ...
0 Likes