Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Z flip 3 Screen crease ..again

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 03:21 AM)
Hinata1
Apprentice
Options

I have had this phone for less than a year and the screen is creased ... again. Now I have to make another claim. 😒.  I only have the years warranty and if it is going to keep this up my phone will be no good. I've gone through the Comments as well post and it is not looking good. I am super disappointed. I waited for the flip 3 thinking these issues were addressed. I'd trade it in but I'll loose an arm and leg just to get a new phone! Now I don't know what to do. 

17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes there has been some posts about this but what we don't typically hear from is people who've had no issues regarding the screen as people typically sign up to share their issues and not their positive experiences with their phone's @Hinata1 

My colleague at work has had the Flip³ for a while now and the screen is pristine.

Selling the phone is a personal choice and if you do I'd suggest to sell to a friend , family member or work colleague instead of online sites suchbas ebay or shops in the Highstreet that buy used phone's as they tend to buy as low as possible to improve their own profit margin.

I own the Fold³ and the factory fitted screen protector has delaminated down the fold crease so I removed it and the phone is fine.

Mynfriend bought his not too long after mine and the factory fitted screen protector is fine.

However you proceed I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Yes just to add
My Fold 3 screen is still perfectly OK.
This is a case of being unlucky really with your Flip 3 @Hinata1
Apart from keeping it clean and not pushing the screen itself when I shut the phone.
I don't take any precautions really.
Getting it repaired again will probably be perfectly fine for the rest of the time you own it.
0 Likes
angrybarry
Pioneer
Options
Same issue here, going to a Samsung shop next week to hopefully get sorted. Bloody annoying
MelrHill20
First Poster
Options

I am on my 3rd warranty replacement. Phone company won't do anything. They want to send me a 4th one (as if) and Samsung admits no fault. Phone is in pristine condition. No drops. Nothing but opening and closing and there is a huge crack along the fold. Like I said THIRD flip. This is a lemon of a phone. I want something else. 

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MelrHill20 

With you saying " Phone company won't do anything. " I assume a network has supplied the phone directly so it is in their hands whether they'll change handset type.

Sadly through past experience they won't unless the phone is discontinued and no stock is left.

One option could be to request a new replacement and then sell the replacement to accrue funds to fund buying another phone that'll accept your sim card and use that.

Not the best scenario but is a viable alternative option.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Farmer457
First Poster
Options

Yep, I have been super nice to this phone, just over a year and the crease is there. I believe Samsung is being sued in the UK over the phone but they say on here no problems. I really like the phone just the crease everything else about it is great and the power button fingerprint scan is the greatest feature of any phone on the market. I'm going to have to deal with it until I can upgrade to a flip 4 if I don't see as many problems with them. 

Nate1978
First Poster
Options

Please sign petition I set up people, had a massive headache with these phones. https://chng.it/8fpjC8Qrpp

0 Likes
Reallywhy
First Poster
Options
I just called Samsung as my screen is cracking along the fold. Phone is a year old today! Had issues with contacts unable to hear me, resolved by cleaning the sim? Anyway, screen protector started to crack a month or so ago? I removed it and the screen itself was fine, since then the actual screen has started to crack along fold also! Called Samsung, they told me not a warranty issue as the protector was removed! Really???? I had an S3, S5, S7, S9 and then this, did advise the advisor of this but told as screen protector was removed warranty is invalid. Done with Samsung now, as I don't believe this is right?
0 Likes
trishdthomson
Journeyman
Options

It would seem logical that if most $1,000 flip 3 complaints are about screen cracking, it's a defect! Not rocket science