Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Galaxy Z Flip 3 keep crashing if not fully flat

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 05:49 PM)
Luks6
Student
Options

Today 20/01/2023 the Z Flip 3 keep crashing , it was fine until last night.

If the phone is folded or slightly angle , it will crash straight away. it is operating with no issue if it remain flat. I can see there is bunch of apps updated last night include Google, Facebook etc

The phone has the latest software update, last update was installed on 23 Dec 2022. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Luks6 

That's not good at all 😔 

Does the phone crash everytime without exception that you do not have the phone out flat ?

If so then this maybe hardware based.

If so a Samsung Service Centre would need to assess the phone.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Keithy
Navigator
Options
I would take advantage of the flip 4 trade in a better phone all round
0 Likes
Npteggchaser
First Poster
Options
My sons Flip 3 crashes a lot, without any reason for it, plus a crease across the hinge & looks like white pixel spots that don't show anything what's on his screen. Went to phone shop who sold it to us & they said that all service providers knew there was a problem with the Flip 3, but didn't recall them & plus did not tell the purchasers, instead just released the Flip 4 that is much better. As I have a 3 year warranty & insurance on it, was also told that don't accept another Flip 3 as a replacement, it should now be the Flip 4 that is offered.
0 Likes
Luks6
Student
Options

I've contacted the service centre and they've replaced the battery and the hinge, apparently it's a hardware fault. Glad that it's still within warranty. 

Thanks