Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy fold 4 warranty

(Topic created on: 25-07-2023 05:43 PM)
KBT25
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy fold 4 which is less than a year old and in great condition starting having issues. First the front screen went black then the wifi and Bluetooth wouldn't turn on followed by the inside screen going black. I called Samsung and they said it was under warranty and I would have to send it in and be without a phone until I got it back. That's the first red flag. I send it in and received a text telling me it wasn't covered due to damage. I dond think so. I called and they said there were scratches on the camera and the screen. (Normal wear and tear). Which by the way none of that has anything to do with the issues I was having. So instead of repairing their faulty equipment they found something to get out of fixing the phone and are trying to charge me over $500 to repair it. This is some kind of Samsung has going. I will be looking into some kind of class action lawsuit. This is the worst customer service I have ever seen and I will never buy anything Samsung again. 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
keith30
Mastermind
Options
They say that with everyone's device, claiming it had been damaged so will avoid the warranty cover and expect you to pay upfront for any repairs. As for any class action then I wouldn't expect you'll get any where with hat action, as longas you agreed to all the terms and conditions when first purchased and continue to use there services you don't have any chance with that unless you have a good lawyer.
0 Likes
KBT25
First Poster
Options

Yeah I figured that. I'm extremely disappointed with Samsung. I've been using Samsung phones for over 10 years and for them to treat loyal customers like this is unacceptable and has turned me off from buying anything Samsung ever again. To void the warranty because they said there was a scratch when the problem was something internal blows my mind. 

0 Likes
Excalabear
Apprentice
Options

I feel for you. Your experience is an exact mirror of mine. Had the exact same issues with wifi and Hotspot, overheating , big screen. Samsung told me the same thing after 2 months of waiting after I shipped it to them.

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Scratches on the phone aren't wear and tear... get a ***** case for it if you can't look after your expensive devices.
0 Likes
KBT25
First Poster
Options

I had a case on it. 

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Look after your stuff better.
0 Likes
KBT25
First Poster
Options

There was no damage to my phone. I had it in a case. The point is Samsung is trying to rip people off and not stand behind their products. Even if there was a scratch it wouldn't cause the screens to go black and the wifi to not turn on which are known issues moron

0 Likes
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
Cosmetic damage would indicate that the device was dropped or similar which can cause internal damage resulting in the issues you're facing. If you really didn't drop it then you got a faulty device and they should repair or replace it no questions asked.
0 Likes
Dr Franfran
First Poster
Options

I m having the exact issue with my fold 4! Non functional wifi, Bluetooth and quickshare. The phone will not backup either! 

What a nightmare! 

I'm up to sue them for sure! Class action! 

0 Likes