Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy fold 3 broken screen

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 10:35 AM)
switchingphones
First Poster
Options

I cant not believe that so many people are having the same problem with their fold phone and Samsung is doing nothing to help their customers.  I have been a big Samsung user since the beginning and have never had any problems.  Now I have a fold 3 and at first I was loving it, then out of no where I started to see a big thick black line down the middle of the inner screen.  The line only got bigger as time when by.  I called Samsung who told me to send in my phone but it would take 14 business days to repair and get back to me.  I told them that under their warranty, as  per their Samsung care plus policy, it was said that they would send a loaner phone until repairs are made but Samsung is saying they don't have phones to give out for replacement. I do believe that is called false advertising. It such a shame that they are not honoring warranties for their customers.  I think reporting them to the better business bureau may be a start to getting their attention.  Maybe even talking to news media about the situation and informing the media how Samsung has produced faulty phones that are breaking down after only a few months.  I have a family member who works for one of the major new companies and I will be sure to pass this information so this can be made public somehow.  I don't think it is fair that we as consumers by these products and pay a boat load of money along with money that we pay to have these phones insured yet when times comes and we need things to be fixed Samsung does nothing.  They should have recalled the phones and told their customers the phones were defected instead of letting their customers purchase these phones for thousands of dollars.  Shame Shame on Samsung.  Looks like Apple with be getting a ton of new customers with these months to come being that Samsung does not care about their customers.  So disappointed. 

14 REPLIES 14
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's sad to see some that are finding issues with their Fold and Flip phones.
All of mine have been great.
Most of the time it's just the screen protector. But sounds like yours is the actual screen needs replacing.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store near you, some can do limited repairs in store. Worth asking about.

One thing I never do is push the screen to close the phone. Is one weak spot as you'd expect.

Hopefully you can get it fixed and use it again soon
0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
There you go again Glenntech, gaslighting another poor customer who is feeling let down by Samsung...
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you say so. Though it seems you obviously don't understand what I wrote
Oh well never mind
0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
You are constantly giving customers bad advice.. when it is the phones that are not fit for purpose. And stupid comments like "one thing i never do" does not help. That is gaslighting and is illegal. Making customers think they may have done something wrong. Another thing for you records, The "experience stores" are privately owned businesses and are not owned by Samsung. Taking a phone back to them wont help, unless you bought the phone from the store. So more bad advice from yourself on another customer post.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You don't have to buy a phone from them to take a phone to them.
I've done it myself.
I was giving as an example of what I do. What you do is entirely up to you.

Maybe look up the meaning of gaslighting would show you I'm doing nothing of the sort

If any advice I give is not what you are looking for, then look for another answer.
All anyone does is offer advice here. Maybe if you know otherwise you are just as entitled to leave your own answer.
Well it's your view and you're entitled to it I guess.
Made me smile anyway 😃
0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
I drove 90 mins to a store, And had a meeting with the manager, whom was a very nice person, but he explained that he could only send the phone back to another Partner of Samsung, as he could only carryout small repairs & only if he got paid by Samsung or the customer. So how many stores do Samsung own in the UK... A big fat Zero.. So for the first time you have told the truth, yip you can take it to him but he wants your cash or he sends it back to Samsung.
Gaslighting meaning...Just for you.. when a person feels ripped off for the sum of thousands and you say that you have had loads of fold and flips and never had a problem, or that you suggest they may have closed it wrongly.
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You may have gone to a Samsung repair centre, and yes they are a third party company.
Yes I've had Flip phones and Fold phones. Currently on the Fold 4.
I haven't had loads as you claim as there haven't been that many.
I honestly haven't had any problems.

Only problem I have had is with customer support service and have done a post on how appalling my experience was, while I was waiting for my S22 Ultra.

If your repair is out of warranty or is physical damage, unfortunately these won't be covered.

I wish you well anyway and hope you will enjoy a great experience with a Samsung device in the future if you are not getting another.
0 Likes
Juicygesbab
Navigator
Options
What about if Samsung claim "Physical damage" and send a photo of someone elses phone? Thats what happened to me, but i fought it and got a full refund, but it took months, and lost my trade in, total scam. PS just for you...
Samsung Experience Stores are operated by an independent third party, Partner Retail Services Limited, which sells the products in store.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
My fold3 failed, sent it to Samsung for repair who said its fine, so I decided to.trade it in since they thought it was fine 🙂
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes