Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Front screen functionality - ideas for future improvements

(Topic created on: 31-08-2021 09:50 PM)
L0ta
Journeyman
Options

I have some ideas for future improvements, as the front screen as is right now is very limited. For written notifications that can be responded, the respond button should trigger directly voice assistant to allow responding without opening the phone as well.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
L0ta
Journeyman
Options

Currently the functionality of the front screen is really limited, and most actions require opening the phone. 
It would be good if apps like music would remember last track that was played to avoid forcing to open the phone. Track, playlists… selection could be similar to the way smart watches work. Integration theough widgets would be nice as e.g. if I could had a "SportsTracker" widget added to the front screen, it would allow me to stop a training session without opening the phone.

0 Likes
michelangelo84
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That deppends on the apps you work with and their developers. For example you have some music apps that work with the phone locked
Screenshot-20220112-021843-Gallery-02
0 Likes
L0ta
Journeyman
Options

As far as i was able to try out there are a number of fixed widgets. You can't add external ones. E.g. for music, you can activate the general music widget that shows you the music playing on the different music apps you might have , but it's not the specific spotify widget. I want to be able to add widgets from different apps to that screen to increase functionality.

0 Likes