Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

front display touch screen not working

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 07:40 PM)
Hubyone
First Poster
Options

Hi all

Since this afternoon the front display touch screen doesnt work anymore.

I mean, the screen is working but nothing happens when i press with my fingers.

Any idea why?

Thanks 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Hubyone, is the screen of your phone still not working? If so, can you do a Hardware Test? Open the Samsung members app > Get Help > Phone care > Interactive checks > Touch screen > Follow the instructions and share the results. 

0 Likes
Hubyone
First Poster
Options
Sometimes it works... Sometimes not. Not sure what is the issue. Now its working
0 Likes
mrtucson
First Poster
Options

I have the same issues. The front screen does not work and it started when I did the recent update to 12. I can't think of anything else. I can unlock it when it is closed but only with my fingerprint as the touchscreen only works when I open it and only works when it is open.

I can't run the diagnostics as you mentioned as I can't run it on the front screen and only when it is open. So not sure what to do. 

0 Likes
JoseRArce
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same issue with my front screen, right after I downloaded the latest patch. Then a new OS patch appeared the day after and that solved the problem for 1 day only. Now my front screen is unresponsive again. Do you have any ideas on what to do?. This clearly looks like a software bug in the OS patches.

0 Likes
jenn32
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you ever figure out the issue? Mine just started doing this yesterday. 

0 Likes
BossHoggUK
Explorer
Options

I had my front (cover) screen just stop working entirely, restart did not help, assumed it had gone faulty but then took option to install the new UI13 and low and behold the front screen started working again.

0 Likes
BigAl10
First Poster
Options
My Galaxy Z fold 3's front screen is black even though I can still interact with the phone. The touch screen works but the screen is black. What can I do to solve this?
0 Likes
Mopzii
First Poster
Options
This literally just happened with me, I can feel the phone responding when I do the screen unlock pattern but the display is dead and shows nothing on it
0 Likes
FrankAMills715
First Poster
Options

Same issue, Front screen dark and not usable. I have to open the phone to use it. What is going on? I updated my phone and now the front screen is useless. 

0 Likes