Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold4 screen lift

(Topic created on: 15-06-2024 10:46 PM)
MandingoNZ
Student
Options

Hi,

My Fold4 screen has just started to lift from the fold, centre and from the bottom. I feel like I have been duped by this fantastic magical new device (well, over a year and a half old). I should have known better.

Question 1.

Will Samsung fix this for me?

Question 2.

Is it worth getting fixed or should I consider getting a new phone?

Appreciate any help (especially from Samsung)

Kind regards

Paul

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It's probably just the screen protector.
Can happen for a variety of reasons.
Best thing is to contact Customer Support and book a repair.
Should be a straight forward thing to do
MandingoNZ
Student
Options

Thanks for the prompt reply, Glenntech.

I would do that but cannot afford to be without my phone for extended period as it is used for work.

I'll contact customer support and see what they say.

Thanks again

0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Worth asking if there's a mobile service in your area they can use. Though there might be quite a wait.
If you have a Samsung Experience Store near you. Some can do on site repairs like this. You'd have to book these though
0 Likes
Deanbed
Voyager
Options
I have heard of this before, I wanted one but then it's new tech so I waited to see if these types of comment came in, to be honest I thought why? What can you do on it you can't on a normal handset thats a proven reliable tech. I would just get some kind of refund or exchange for a normal proven quality brand mobile. Get rid while u can.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Maybe ask a friend , work colleague or family member if they have a back up phone available to use while you get yours sorted @MandingoNZ 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Artindoril
Pathfinder
Options
It's only the screen protector. It's pretty normal for this to happen - It's why your first replacement is free.

As for what you can do, note taking is much better than a normal screen and if you read a lot of eBooks, much better than having separate devices.

Mine gets heavily used for both work and personal use.
0 Likes