Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold2 Main Screen Protector

(Topic created on: 08-01-2021 01:06 PM)
LordLeeTheLege
First Poster
Options

Hi guys!

The protector on my main screen has started to lift in the centre over the hinge and starting to collect dust, particles etc.
Is it best to remove it? 
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options

@LordLeeTheLege: The user manual states, "It is recommended that you do not remove the screen protector film, and do not install other films or stickers, as doing so may cause device damage." If you're concerned about your current protector then please reach out to our Help Desk on 0333 000 0333, where an advisor will be able to look into this further for you, as it may be possible to arrange for a new one to be fitted by an engineer at an authorised Support Centre. 

Mekerz
Explorer
Options
Personally, I wouldn't risk using the phone without a screen protector. The interior screen is undoubtedly more delicate than a standard glass screen and scratches at much lower levels of hardness. If I remember correctly, the screen scratches at mohs hardness scale level 2 or 3, where as usual phone glass scratches around 6 or 7.

I can recommend a screen protector on Amazon by a brand called Gobukee if you're in the UK. However, be careful as Gobukee have two variants on Amazon and the one is awful. You can see my posts about which screen protector is which at the following XDA forum thread. If you do install you own screen protector, you really have to be patient with the install and try your best to not get any dust debris on the screen whilst installing. My username in that thread is "Mekrel"

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/review-gobukee-screen-protector.4199249/
0 Likes