Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4

(Topic created on: 25-03-2023 09:01 AM)
issuefold4
Journeyman
Options

My fold 4 has developed a small mark like a finger nail on the inside screen where its folds I've only own this phone for a month and noticed it last night the mark is under the screen where it  bends in the middle I thought it was my finger nail but it's not no marks etc  not dropped can anyone help

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Before it gets any other atomic dents, contact Sammy because they will void your warrant.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Before it gets any worse you need to contact Samsung Support which you can do via the members app under support.
PaulC59
Troubleshooter
Options
I've read articles and seen videos re the flip 4 about being easy to scratch the very thin glass even with your fingernail whilst flipping open the screen with your thumb, but not sure about the fold as I imagine you wouldn't tend to open them one handed so I can't be sure. I'm monitoring the fold as it's something I am thinking of for a future purchase but am seeing how durable the screens are. I find the possibility of the large screen very appealing but still checking on the strength of the thin screen as I don't think it's as strong as a regular phone screen, I would be very interested how you get on
0 Likes
Solution
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Before it gets any other atomic dents, contact Sammy because they will void your warrant.
0 Likes
robd1
Voyager
Options
Hello @issuefold4, you're experiencing what I began to dread, I had a Z Fold 4 from launch, but within days I was afraid to open the large screen as it just seemed so fragile and the S-Pen never worked in the fold. The main screen was of tremendous quality but I was afraid to use it. I stuck to the small front screen. It was totally impractical for everyday use and the S-Pen doesn't work.
I was so glad when the S23 Ultra appeared and Samsung finally accepted the Fold 4 in part ex..
I thought I had made a good choice moving to a Fold, but it was not a practical one for me, but I know others love them!
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @issuefold4 

I would agree with @StuartR that contacting Samsung Support / Samsung Service Centre ASAP would be the best course of action.

They will assess your phone and effect any repair that is covered under the 2 year warranty.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Neary69
Journeyman
Options
I have just fallen foul of the dreaded upgrade program misdirection. I made the mistake of trading in my S22 ultra for the z fold 4. Terrible camera, screen broken already, and had to fight Samsung to fix it as they tried everything to void the warranty. Want to trade for the S23 ultra when my year is up but they told me I have to stick with the same model. Not a chance will I take another fold. The repair guy said the fold phones have strict criteria and if there's the slightest mark on it then they try and get out of fixing it as the screens are so expensive. Their own employees say stay away from fold phones as they're coming in broken every single day.
0 Likes
sojamilch
Student
Options

Hi there , can you tell me how you managed to get the screen repaired? Ive been trying to , there's no damage but I'm told its not under warranty because there is dust under the screen saver . they want 400 quid!! how can I get this repaired under warranty, please give me any tips you have I would so much appreciate this , thank you ! 

0 Likes
Neary69
Journeyman
Options
Good luck. My front screen stopped working and the Samsung repair shop went over it in detail. There wasn't a mark on it. They said they have stricter criteria for fold phones as they're so expensive to fix l, so any marks at all and they're instructed to void the warranty.
0 Likes
Neary69
Journeyman
Options
They replaced the phone as they couldn't find any marks on it as I've had a case on from day 1. In your instance they're using the old not dust proof so keep it away from beaches etc. I don't get how it's water proof but not dust. Samsung are really shafting their most loyal fans with their foldables
0 Likes