Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4. Wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 22-05-2023 02:57 PM)
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
I received the latest firmware update on the 15th of May. After installing, the phone restarted several times on its own but appeared to be fine to start with. What I did notice though was that the phone was very hot and the battery was draining quickly, till it eventually switched it self off. So, I recharged the phone and switched it back on. What I found was that the phone had gone into flight mode. I turned the flight mode off and then I found that the WiFi was turned off. I've tried turning on the the WiFi. It turns it self straight back off. I've tried resetting the network settings. Makes no difference. The WiFi will not turn on.
127 REPLIES 127
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Can you run the diagnostics in the Members' app and see what it reports back? :smiling-face:

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
Everything reports back fine, apart from the touch screen. I have a black line along the fold of the inner screen and it's not responsive. It can't carry out the test for the wifi, as it won't turn on.
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

I'd suggest contacting us on our socials, maybe send them a link to this post to help save yourself time explaining again. :smiling-face:

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
deathbringer
Student
Options
Same here, Z Fold 4 WiFi and Bluetooth can't be set on ON. Have you found any solution yet?
0 Likes
TheBish
Journeyman
Options
No, but from reading up, think I may need to do a factory reset. That's my last resort option.
0 Likes
deathbringer
Student
Options
Factory reset doesn't seem to work from what I've read online. I hope I don't need to take it back to Samsung. If yes then I'll just make a claim for a new phone, can't wait 14 days, I'm running a business
impost1nator
First Poster
Options

Any updates or progress on this issue?  Encountering the same issue on my wife's Fold4.  

It seems to be software or firmware issue, and it started occurring around the same timeframe as the other reports.  I doubt it's related to hardware, as the OS would just assume the hardware was working (then not work) or ID that there was a hardware failure in most cases.  
I thought perhaps it was an exploit or malware, since it does "feel" that way, but if other folks aren't getting a solution by wiping the phone, it may not be that. In this case, I am guessing firmware again.  The phone won't update without Wi-Fi, so it may be version-locked.

If anyone has found a solution, that would be awesome.  Is there a way to bypass the need for Wi-Fi on a software update?

TheBish
Journeyman
Options
I'm as yet to find a solution. From reading up, it's my understanding that the WiFi and Bluetooth are part of the same Chipset. So, typically, when 1 goes down, so does the other. The Bluetooth is working fine, so I can only conclude that something is preventing the WiFi from turning on.
KholaI
Options

Hey all.

If you're experiencing issues with the Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth, I'd like you to send in an Error Report via our Samsung Members app. This will allow our engineers to get a better understanding of the error, and then provide you with a useful troubleshooting guide on the matter.

You can send in an Error Report by heading into Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports. Please be sure to tap on 'Send system log data', as well as providing as much detail as you can, within 15-minutes of experiencing the error.