Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 screen failure

(Topic created on: 05-06-2024 10:11 AM)
Emilysbunn
Student
Options

I have started to experience completely random screen failures today. The phone has not been damaged, near water or subjected to extreme temperatures.

There is no outside trigger for this failure. The front screen mostly functions but occasionally turns black for no reason and needs to be reactivated using the sign in button. The middle screen has gone completely blank. It went dark from the 30 second time out and now will not reactivate at all, not even after resetting or restarting.

Obviously this is completely unacceptable, especially for a product that costs over $1000. Please advise how this can be fixed.

4 REPLIES 4
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Sounds like it's more software related if the front screen is going off as well.
Wonder if booting it up in safe mode would be an indication. If it's an app or something, the screen will stay on.
Maybe try Wiping the Partition Cashe on the phone
Might help resolve it
Emilysbunn
Student
Options

Hi, thanks for trying to help. I'd already tried safe mode with no success but I do agree it is a software issue because rebooting it did work once and then it went off again. I think it was caused by the recent update, I only installed it a couple of days ago and I've noticed a lot of people saying they have a similar problem with the fold 3 because of the update. Not really a good look for samsung. I actually thought this forum was a customer support contact but it seems it isn't, so I'll have to try finding their contact again. Thanks for replying!

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it would be beneficial to send feedback to Samsung via your Samsung Members App @Emilysbunn 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Artindoril
Pathfinder
Options
Take it to be repaired whilst under warranty. Mine did this before it bricked - ended up with new inner screen, hinge assembly and batteries. Every time I folded the device it would shut off. Hour later it was an expensive brick.

It's hit and miss as to if it'll be repaired under warranty, and seems to be a design flaw Samsung are refusing to acknowledge.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/galaxy-z-fold-4-serious-hinge-issue_id156451
0 Likes