Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FOLD 4 PAINT PEELING OFF

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 10:36 PM)
Khanr
Apprentice
Options

The header is self explanatory. I bought this phone 3 weeks ago and the paint around the hinge has already started to peel off. I didn't expect samsung to have done such a horrible paint job on any of their phones let alone their flagship phones. 

6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds strange. It's electroplated on I believe.
Seems fine on my phone.
I'm sure you have, and without photos I can't be sure.
But there are plastic strips on the frame of the phone. If you haven't pealed these off. This could be what's going on
They are not the easiest things to see.
If it actually is the paint finish. Contact Samsung Customer Support to get it fixed, as clearly a warranty repair
Khanr
Apprentice
Options
I thought so too. Here is the picture I have taken. Seemed like a blot earlier which I tried to clean and it left a scar instead. You can see the silver surface underneath the paint. Saw a few posts on the Internet beforehand but never thought it could happen without physical damage. IMG-20221008-WA0021_60444_1665263340.jpg
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Ah well that hinge cap can be easily replaced by a Samsung approved repairer.
I guess that bit of electroplating has an issue.
Definitely get it looked at though
Khanr
Apprentice
Options
Thanks so much for your input. I hope it get sorted within the warranty and is not classified as a cosmetic issue.
0 Likes
hsnakh
Explorer
Options
Where did you go with this please ?
Thanks
0 Likes
gt1979
First Poster
Options
Paint very weak around outer frame spotted paint loss on mine already not good on a that cost me over a thousand pound
0 Likes