Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 OneUI 5 crash, bang , wollop

(Topic created on: 24-11-2022 07:54 PM)
ogerloaf
Journeyman
Options
So updated to the the official ONEUI 5 release and it feels worse than a beta . Constant crashing, sluggish behaviour and unreliable functionality.
Crashes when listening to music and flipping between tracks ,albums; crashes when web browsing, crashes when using WhatsApp, Reddit, twitter etc etc. Phone becomes completely useless and restarts itself. Actually happens when performing basic tasks and nothing too do with intensive multitasking or using dual apps on the inner screen. It's basically broken and several times in the last 2 hours alone my very expensive device has been rendered useless. 
Features are (imo) not worth the upgrade; hate what Samsung have done with the icons in the new tification centre, feels like a budget phone all of a sudden. Why the hell have they moved Bixby routines, awful childlike features added and very useful ones removed. Seriously what is this garbage. I don't want sleep mode forced down my throat everytime I go to check an alarm; I also cannot tell which apps are notifying me now because for some silly reason, they decided to offset app logo's and colour code them so they all look the bl00dy same now. 
Camera keeps crashing, android auto won't load as quickly as it used to and Samsung dex is now behaving like an alpha programme. 

Please revert this buggy madness back to what was an excellent piece of software. I'm gutted. 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@ogerloaf 

Post update, did you wipe your cache partition, repair apps and use the Galaxy App Booster?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I hear you it doesn't sound good, but a factory reset will fix all the crashes you're having.
ogerloaf
Journeyman
Options
No not wiped cache yet but just received that advice on Reddit so will get it a go. Galaxy app booster?? Never heard of it but will research now👍1669319194828_1669319194817_0.png
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@ogerloaf 

See the sticky at the top of this forum...

Wipe Cache Partition, Repair apps & Galaxy App Booster

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
ogerloaf
Journeyman
Options
Rather not have to do that as already had to reset during the beta due to same issues. Going to try wiping cache partition.
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Well, it's either wipe or suffer on. Your choice.

My S22+ was a dumpster fire after going from OneUI5beta to OneUI5. A wipe and restore from backup fixed it perfectly.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
OK, thought you already did that, good choice.
0 Likes
ogerloaf
Journeyman
Options
Sh!t it's crazy they release with so many issues.
0 Likes
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
You should try a OnePlus or Pixel phone, then you'd know all about buggy software. Samsung do a really, really good job.