Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 4 deals , differences

(Topic created on: 18-08-2022 02:04 PM)
jonnywin
Explorer
Options
I wish someone could explaine to me why the deals they get over in the us are so much better then here in the UK , it makes no sense what so ever it's like over there they go out there way to help with trade ins upgrades etc over here they genuinely don't seem to give a ***** it's mind blowing.
6 REPLIES 6
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's a very different market.
Over there it's much less common to buy a phone unlocked.
Because of this, even buying from Samsung, there's usually a network contract as part of the process. The networks then subsidise the phone if you take out that contract. Don't forget the prices don't include taxes.
The market over there is way more competitive and a lot larger than here. So networks can often sell contracts with a bit of a loss, but make it up trying to get other family members to join etc.
There's a bit more to it as well, but we don't have the same setup here. Particularly as the main network providers here don't really have the same competition as they are more influential over the small providers
AndrewL
Options

@jonnywin: I'm sorry that you feel this way about the pre-order gifts and offers for the Galaxy Z Fold 4 in the UK. While it's natural to want to draw comparisons, and seek out the best deal for you, I personally think that there's a lot to be excited about here in the UK. You can get up to £580 off by trading in your old device, plus the Starter Pack worth £89.99, 12 months of Disney+, 12 months of Samsung Care+ and 25% off the Galaxy Watch5 or Galaxy Buds2 Pro. 

0 Likes
jonnywin
Explorer
Options
Samsung had to replace my fold 3 in april due to screen issues the phone is essentially 4 months old they wanna give me £580 trade in which means still having to pay out £1100 to get the 4 I'm sorry but that's ***** you can try dressing it up any way you want but for the minor upgrades it's offering, it nothing short of insulting
0 Likes
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
I personally think the deals over here are equal to those in the US. When you compare everything like mentioned above. I personally just did it through the upgrade programme after being on that for a few years with the S series. However, a failure for Samsung is not being able to upgrade from and S series to a Z series. I was willing to pay more but it wasn't possible for some strange reason.

Buying the Fold 3 in April was a bad move. I would rather have bought a £10 special from Tesco and rode that out for a couple of months to get the newest one instead of having the bill for the older model.

A good option now would be ride the 3 out until this time next year and go for the 5. It will feel a massive upgrade I'm sure. I would also consider the upgrade programme as I love getting the latest phones on release day every single year.

My Fold 4 is actually coming today. 1 week early! Great idea by Samsung! Very excited!
0 Likes
jonnywin
Explorer
Options
I most likely will wait for the 5 but I didn't buy it in April it was a brand new replacement for my other fold 3 which had a screen protector issue actually had the fold 3 since Oct
0 Likes
JonoG
Pioneer
Options
Ah okay I got ya. Yea I saw a few of those happening with the screen protector. Let's hope this doesn't have the same kind of issue.

Beauty of the upgrade programme... warranty is never an issue as you give it back to them within 12 months. I'd you like the latest phones, I'd deffo consider it.