Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 wifi not turning on

(Topic created on: 08-11-2022 06:15 PM)
Davemcmahon1
Journeyman
Options
I've saw a few posts with people having issues with wifi not turning on. Everything that has been suggested has been tried. Reboot, reset network settings, master reset. Nothing works! Sent the phone to Samsung for repair and they returned it saying no fault found. I'm not silly, there definitely is a fault as it will not turn on at all. And today Bluetooth wouldn't connect even though its turned on. £1600 device and Samsung won't accept there is a problem. Can anyone suggest next steps before I lose all my hair!? 
126 REPLIES 126
entrimuran
First Poster
Options

Yes,same problem. I sent it for repair at samsung service centre the Mines.

0 Likes
andyscar
First Poster
Options
I have had this issue since Friday the 12th January 2024 and went into o2 and they said they can replace my phone if I so choose but they did a quick fix. This quick fix lasted 12 hours so I may go back to o2 and see how much that's going to cost me to do. Will keep you posted
0 Likes
YolandaHail
First Poster
Options

Same here.

0 Likes
Denvor
First Poster
Options

Wow, after reading about it from page one I am extremely disappointed in Samsung.

The same thing happened literary 1 hour ago to on my z fold 3 which I bought on day one of the release.

I've tried everything even going with a full hard reset, but after googling and finding this thread, it became clear that this is a physical internal problem that cannot be fixed with software resets. 

I find it extremely odd that it happened right after the new ONEUI 6.0 update but also understand that this is a physical internal cable issue.

I was considering to upgrade for Z Fold 5, but now probably going to nonfoldable phones.

I'm sure eventually folds will be near perfect but until this is ironed out, I'll stay away from it for now.

FrederickLim
Apprentice
Options

I’m experiencing the same issue. After upgrading to OneUI 6, I can’t turn on the Wi-Fi, and my device freezes and reboots. I’ve wiped the cache and repaired apps in Android Recovery mode, which seems to have resolved the freezing and rebooting issues. However, I’m still unable to turn on the Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Dave1971
First Poster
Options

This is what Samsung have said to me this morning:

"We appreciate your frustration, but there are no known issues with the Z series devices with regard to Wi-Fi or any other issue. "

0 Likes
Zturner20
First Poster
Options

Same thing just happened. One day it restarted itself now today i notice the wifi isn't turning on. Now they are telling me my only options are send it in for repair or buy a fold 5 at a discount. 

Everything else about my phone is flawless, but I'm highly disappointed 

0 Likes
Donna N
First Poster
Options

Wanted to put on an updated post.  Feb 2024.  My speaker when opened wasn't working....by accident I closed it 2/3 of the way and it worked in the bent condition.   Over the phone help had me do a hard reset.  Came back up still not working but no wifi.   Wifi Switch just sits and spins in 45 seconds goes back to off. The ubreakifix repair shop has no idea.  I just bought a refurbished zfold3 and it all works.  

0 Likes
Members_FlsngV0
First Poster
Options

Just happen this afternoon, switch off the phone automatically and once i turn it on again and update the latest version. The wifi gone down. And I just have a live chat with samsung expert technician support, he ask me to update the latest version ONE UI6.0 again but it need 19 hours and 2500MB data. Hope that the problems canbe fixed when i wake up tmr. morning

0 Likes
Vynnie
First Poster
Options

Same happened toy Fold 3 within a couple of months of purchasing. I bought it in the EU and am traveling the world and am really dependent on my phone. I'm now in Colombia and Samsung will not accept a repair here in Colombia. I need to be back on the EU for an repair. It's really horrible service from Samsung. Apple offers worldwide guarantee, and why would you not? 

Well lesson learned if you want to be treated good and have a reliable phone don't go with Samsung

My wifi only works if I keep it folded, the second I open it I will lose it and need to restart the phone to regain it again. 

0 Likes