Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 - software updates?

(Topic created on: 13-09-2021 06:58 PM)
Luez
Pathfinder
Options

I've been checking every day but my fold 3 is still on July update.  Has anyone had August or September update?.

44 REPLIES 44
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
Yesterday I had the August security patch so you may get it soon in the update it included bedtime mode And my phone is a Samsung S10 plus the accidental touch on the front of your screen mine has changed It was just the padlock on its own so hopefully maybe today or tomorrow but I just keep checking all the time 🙌👊👊🙌Screenshot_20210901-184412_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20210901-212154_One UI Home.jpgScreenshot_20210902-094409_Software update_57936.jpg
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks, I'll keep looking.
jimS10
Helping Hand
Options
That's what I've been doing every single day Just checking and luckily yesterday I checked and it popped up so hopefully fingers crossed you'll get it soon 🤘☮️🤘
Luez
Pathfinder
Options

Still on July. When you buy the latest phone you would expect the latest update. Not happy at all. Been checking everyday sine I got it on the 20th of August. 
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The phone has only been out for a very short time. Not every device needs monthly updates and indeed most Android phones get them every couple of months or a couple of times a year.
I understand that an update is coming shortly, but not heard a date as yet.
Best thing is to just enjoy that brilliant phone and when the update drops, you will get a notification.
I wouldn't worry about it for the moment.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Luez 

I hope your enjoying what the Fold³ brings you. 

I appreciate Updates are important with new features or optimisation it sometimes brings and especially with the Security Updates they typically bring with them.

Updates are sent out in relation to Region, Eligible phone model, build and serial number.

Updates are sent out in batches so as not to overpower Samsung's servers.

You could try Samsung Smartswitch to see if there's an update via that route and turn on Automatic Updates via Wi-Fi in your software update section of the phone, and keep periodically checking in that section too.

May I ask did Samsung supply the Fold³ to you or was it purchased via another company or via a Network Contract  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Luez
Pathfinder
Options
Bought it directly from Samsung.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Ok @Luez 

I was asking as phone's supplied by another company or via a Network may have a csc code on it that won't get updates as fast occasionally and the software updates on them can be occasionally delayed by a Network as they want to test the update first to ensure nothing clashes with their network features and functions.

Can you download phoneINFO from the Playstore to see what csc is on the phone please.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
whitsy
Explorer
Options
Hi all

Purchased an unlocked fold 3 directly from Samsung on launch and I've noticed it's not received a single security patch since. 

Considering we're now on a september patch release for the S21, how is it possible a flagship device is now left 2 months out of date in the UK?