Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 Screen Protector de-laminating

(Topic created on: 11-09-2022 07:31 AM)
Tazuk
Journeyman
Options
Having had a issue with my Fold 3 factory fitted screen protector de-laminating where it started to lift up right on the crease of the actual fold.
and Samsung finding a reason not to repair under warranty.

I be really interested and grateful to know how many more folds get this fault of the factory fitted screen protector de-laminating on the crease?
(Sounds like a bigger issue then Samsung want to admit)
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
christianlowe
Navigator
Options
Mine did. I lived with it in the end rather than send in for repair via warranty due to horror stories and the downtime too. It really annoyed me using it with it.

When I sent the fold 3 back for upgrade via the upgrade programme I was charged for it though haha. But just over £100 nothing like the figures some people have reported being charged for a simple screen protector replacement.

I'd be tempted to remove it? If I wasn't in the upgrade programme and keeping the phone for over a year mine would've been removed the screen was fine underneath
0 Likes
Martyn007
First Poster
Options
Mine is doing the same. Under a year old.
The hinge catches the screen and lifts it away.
So I'd say it's a Samsung design issue.
Mine just started lifting away this week and you can hear the hinge catch the screen protector.
0 Likes
Tazuk
Journeyman
Options
I took mine for repair and just like all the other stories on here would not cover it on warranty but I had insurance but still had to pay an Excess.
I took mine in with in a week, I'd say to anyone make sure u take it in the same day or as soon as to stop anything getting underneath the screen protector.

Definitely a design issue with all these screen protectors failing with in 12 months.
Instead of making money off loyal customers for their design issues should sort their aftercare out.

They don't mention this on the Reviews
0 Likes