Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 repairs

(Topic created on: 24-02-2023 07:51 PM)
SnickerFudge
Apprentice
Options
Edit for update: Got my phone back 11 days after it went away. In that time my OH replaced his inner screen protrector and his is flawless. I make use of samsung warranty & professionals and mine is not flawless. That little spot is already pealing away & all I've done is open the box the phone came back in.

A question for you knowledgeable people. I'm in UK.

Had Fold 3 for just over a year (bought direct from Samsung if that makes any difference) and I love my gimmicky phone. 
I rarely use the inner screen, but as with everyone's it seems, the inner protector has started to come away at the top and bottom. It pulled away a good CM in a day, without being used!

Live Chat begrudgingly agreed to the 1 time screen protector replacement, although I'm fully expecting a fight to get this done for free. Phone was to be collected on 25.02.23 but dpd are collecting today 24.02.23 instead. 

Does anyone know who/where these repairs take place in the UK? Is there any other way to track it other than the service order number?
I've never sent a phone away for repairs, let alone got some 'professional' to refit a screen protector! Which still sounds mental! The price to pay for a gimmicky phone!

Also, are Whitestone recommended here in UK? If they won't repair for free, I will attempt to do it myself but want the best screen protector obviously. 
6 REPLIES 6
ReeceQ
Navigator
Options
I have a Fold 3, I won't lie I put a screen protector myself as Samsung don't accept that it can peel off.

They usually have samsung repair centres littered across the country, they are sub contracted not Samsung for example. In my area iSmash are the authorised repair centre for Samsung.

If Samsung take the phone they should provide tracking number.

Hope it helped.

Like u Fold 3 is a nice phone to show off at parties but rarely use the centre screen.

keith30
Maestro
Options
TMT is the company in UK who Samsumg contacted out the repairs to but iv'e heard warnings ⚠️ on here about this company who they use to repair our phones.
0 Likes
SnickerFudge
Apprentice
Options
I googled them. Not holding out much hope! The receipt I got from dpd says Likewize Repair Limited. Maybe different company? Their reviews don't seem too bad!
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Had the same with a Flip3 and went Whitestone, has converted from from Spigan, DiY I heard some Experience centres want to wipe the device 🤔
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @SnickerFudge 

The factory fitted screen protector on my Fold3 also delaminated so I peeled it off which does not invalidate the warranty. However the caveat is that if the screen is damaged in the act of peeling it off then that will. However it's an easy process to remove.

I use mine without one and it's been fine.

Yes Whitestone Dome do sell that variant of screen protector and from what I've read they are good albeit a bit fiddly to fit.

From what I've read in the past threads some Samsung Service Centres actually in some cases replace the whole screen and battery instead of installing a new screen protector as I assume they don't have a machine to fit a new protector or don't have Protectors. 

Whether that's still the case I'm not sure but I didn't want that for my Fold3 for the sake of a plastic screen protector. 

You should be able to track your repair via > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/track-my-repair/ 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎  

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SnickerFudge
Apprentice
Options
Yeah they do. Thankfully my old note works so I just transferred everything across to it.
0 Likes