Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Fold 3 repair times guestimate anyone?

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 07:25 PM)
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options

My Fold 3 has been with TMT First for repair since the 15th (DPD collected it a few days previously). The online tracking and the twitter uk team can't say how much longer it will take, I just get told a random part is on order. TMT aren't answering their phones or responding to emails. It sounds like even the twitter team can't  or wont get through to them as they just keep saying the same as the online tracking stuff.

I was wondering if anyone with recent repairs carried out could post how long it took as 3 weeks and no eta at all seems a little too long to me. Also has anyone had recent contact with TMT at all? Luckily I kept my Note 20 Ultra as I never did trust the durability of the Fold. 

For what it is worth the fault was the phone crashing every time a call was made or received...no amount of factory resets etc fixed the issue.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
hipwell
Pathfinder
Options
Good luck, they'll probably tell you the screen has impact damage and warranty void. Tmt are a bunch of cowboys
0 Likes
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options
From what I have read this wouldn't surprise me. I did take a lot of photos of its immaculate external condition before sending it off. I certainly won't be paying out anything, I'll retire the Fold and consider a fruity alternative!
Solution
Grumpywino
Pioneer
Options

For the sake of anyone else with similar issues I have an update. I have the repaired phone back. They replaced the charging port, internal flexible connector, 2 cameras, screen protectors, main screen and two batteries. So I went just over three weeks without it. I have really enjoyed this phone and while I had quite accurate doubts of it's durability, I find I haven't the time for such issues, on top of the odd software issue that demands time. Using my old Note for 3 weeks I realised I prefer a standard phone. The fruity alternative has a local authorised repairer so I think it is time for a change!

Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Wow thanks for the insight, i was watching a Fold3/4 teardown on YouTube and thought it will be a new fold3 or everything replaced.

In the meantime i am using an iPhone 6s, Tab S8 Ultra and Book2 laptop, at first i thought i will stick to regular slab phones, but i had to setup Samsung Wallet for my wife on her Flip3, i realised the large screen is for me.

MAJOR concern is durability and Samsung poor and prolonged treatment when things go wrong. For a £1900 Fold3 i would have expected and instant swap or quick turnaround.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes