Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 rear glass panel is NOT Corning ® Gorilla ® Glass Victus ®

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 11:56 AM)
Muhammedz
Pioneer
Options
Samsung claims the front & back glass used on the Fold 3 is Corning ® Gorilla ® Glass Victus ® which is supposed to be much stronger and scratch resistant than older types of Gorilla glass.

My Fold 3 got scratched on the rear panel within 24 hours of use even though I've been extremely careful with it. 
The back panel is extremely easy to get scratches on , it's missing some sort of coating or protection layer, I've never seen any phone get scratches like this.

Very disappointed with the build quality!
@SAMSUNG please take notice of this!
Z Fold 3 within 24 hours

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Its a more durable glass on the phones.
But despite the marketing names they use. Glass is glass and will still get damaged.
Anything the same density as glass like sand or harder will scratch it.
Softer stuff like keys normally wouldn't.
Best thing for protection is to use a case or skin
0 Likes
Muhammedz
Pioneer
Options
I know it's all marketing terms but this is just so sensitive. My iPhone 12 Pro / Galaxy S21 Ultra were used rough for months and never got such marks.
This were just the first extremely careful 24 hours.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I got a scratch on one of my other phones. How it happened I will never know.
I understand its really frustrating but so far my Z Fold 3 is scratch free. I usually use it without a case indoors at home.
I have dropped it without a case a number of times.
I even had a tiny I think grain of sand get inside a case on one of my old phones and it wreaked havoc on the glass back. Shows the importance of regularly cleaning the inside of a phone case