Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 3 inner screen sluggish

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 05:02 PM)
Andy-F
Apprentice
Options
Started this morning, the internal screen is almost in slow motion and flickering grey lines are coming across it when I try to use it
Middle of screen protecter is a split which is getting worse but can't see how this would be a cause
Outside screen is still working great.
Have tried restart and changing display settings.
Even tried it in SAFE mode...no difference 

Any else experienced similar?
And any fixes?
15 REPLIES 15
Bubbzi
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issuesI have not found a fix for it, however occasionally after a few minutes the problem will stop, until I fold the phone once again.

sammieso
Journeyman
Options

anyone find what the problem is? my z fold 3 is doing the same. inner screen is really sluggish and see flickering grey lines .. probably due to the extreme lag. 

0 Likes
k1ch
Student
Options

I am facing the same issue. Obviously it's a bad update! Samsung needs a better QA team for sure! In the last 18 months I have had to change inners screen protector 5 times and now the bigger screen is literally useless! 

I expected more from a $1800 phone!

0 Likes
sammieso
Journeyman
Options

Samsung store couldn't fix it. they wanted to reflash the bios but the phone wouldn't reflash. I tried factory reset but no change.

sound like an intentional move by Samsung to force an upgrade 

0 Likes
k1ch
Student
Options

@sammieso Did you try to factory reset by holding power and volume button?

0 Likes
sammieso
Journeyman
Options

yes I did a force reset. I also did a factory reset and started everything from scratch. 

0 Likes
k1ch
Student
Options

What a disappointing news! I was planning to do that tonight and hoping it would fix the issue. @sammieso 

0 Likes
sammieso
Journeyman
Options

@k1ch  yes you should try a factory reset. also try booting into safe mode first. good luck. 

0 Likes
Andy-F
Apprentice
Options
It's a hinge issue apparently, hardware fault rather than software
0 Likes