Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fold 2 with hair line crack appearing down the fold of the screen

(Topic created on: 05-12-2022 08:41 AM)
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Who else has this problem ? Who else has been told its not covered by warranty ?

I want to get public awareness of this problem and stop it happening. Samsung need to honor their warranties or all faith will be lost in their company. 

Please reply, if I get enough replies I will be funding legal action against them to recover the losses. 

Samsung if you're reading this, guess what, your uk warranty service is so bad and so hidden in paperless voice calls , presumably to remove evidence that's presentable in a court room. I had a full warranty claim and you say its not covered. No paperwork, no emails just a guy on a badly working phone that I couldn't understand telling me I have 2 options, pay for a new screen or they send it back. No one will tell me why its not covered apart from, 'screen damage isn't covered' I didn't damage it. The screen is wearing out due to normal use. 

Care to comment samsung ? Or going to keep hiding behind anonymous phone calls ?

This is a ridiculous situation to be in with a£1800 phone that's less than 2 years old. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pesok
First Poster
Options

Same here, noticed a week or so ago and it seems to slowly get worse with new microcracks appearing right on or very close to the bend. Anything to stop it from spreading?

0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Do you have the factory screen protector on yours ? I have no recollection of ever removing mine but comparing to my new fold 4, my fold 2 never had one installed in the first place. I'm now tempted to add a flexible screen protector to see if it adds some strength to the screen to limit further damage. I don't see why samsung aren't repairing it though... its outrageous for a product still under warranty. I've not abused my phone either, would understand it if I broke it but I didn't.
0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Mostly though I want to boost public awareness of this issue and push samsung to do the responsible thing and replace the screens on our very expensive flagship phones. If I get enough names, maybe contacting a consumer tv show may help to spread awareness.
Kate Escudero
Apprentice
Options

Same issue with my husband’s phone. Customer service dreadful from start to finish. He had his phone about 4 weeks, totally “flipped” (pardon the pun) the phone is not fit for purpose and a refund should be given but sane prob as you, pay for repair or send back.  Happy to back the argument to highlight how rubbish the phones are

Dave1967
Explorer
Options
I don't see how they're getting away with it. I love the product but not honoring warranties because of crazy small print is illegal and does not stand up to legal interrogation generally.
0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
How many of you are in USA ? And who has Class Action available ? Its not an option in the UK sadly.
0 Likes
Dave1967
Explorer
Options
Update. I've bought an S23 Ultra and apart from its rather large, it's probably the best phone I've ever owned. Think I may stick to solid screens until the stick out hinge is a thing of the past. Kudos to Samsung for the Ultra, well impressed.
0 Likes