Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flipping flip3

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 01:35 AM)
ttwa666
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone got a flip3 on this soddin Tesco network. Looked everywhere on their site in every nook and cranny I can find and nowhere can I find how the f*** I get my phone to get 5g, do I have to get a new SIM cause I know it buys network off O2 so I know it can't find a 5g network anywhere and 1 of the points of getting this phone was I'm not sitting in work anymore with my thumb up my backside not being able to watch Netflix etc cause the signal is ***** while my colleagues are watching ***** tock. I'm paying enough for my contract as it is and I'm sure as hell not paying Tesco any xtra for something that should be free.  If I'm right in hearing not 1 single person in America pays for it cause it's free and I can't find anything helpful on their site to point me in the right way to get 5g. If you look on there it's just glossy advertising all about 5g but nothing to say "here you are mate press here and we'll get your all singing all dancing phone on it" anyway bloody rant over, anyway help me in anyway.... Cheers people 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Because u have a 5g phone ur sim needs to be 5g to use. If ur sim is 5g then you will need to go to ur settings click on connections and then go to mobile network then click on network mode u will see 5g/LTE/3g/2g which u will need to click on to get 5g network.
0 Likes
jimmyk87
Voyager
Options
Tesco is an MVNO of O2, they offer lower prices by not offering the full services of O2, are you sure you have a 5G plan? Check your area actually has 5G coverage, and make sure in connection settings you have 5G enabled, personally I think its very underwhelming compared to 4G, doesn't deliver the promised performance and kills the battery so I leave it switched off
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Was it a 5G data plan you brought with your device, it might be a 5G phone but it needs to have it enabled by your device carrier for it to work in 5G areas.
0 Likes