Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip4 screen protector forming bubbles

(Topic created on: 26-01-2023 10:39 AM)
hobbs
Explorer
Options
I've had the phone since just after launch.  It's covered on care+ also (UK).

Recently my screen protector has started to form air bubbles from the edge of the screen crease area. I presume it's peeled a little somehow and now it keeps forming air bubbles mostly along the crease. Sometimes it's along the entire thing. It also makes a popping noise sometimes when closing, I presume this is the air pushing back out.

I'm just wondering what's the best option to do here
 I read online some take their phones to service centers but I'm unsure if these exist in the UK? Or locally at least. 

Can I replace this myself or remove it? Or would this conflict with my warranty and insurance?

Thanks!
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @hobbs 

The same happened with my Samsung Fold³ along the crease line on the internal screen which was the factory fitted screen protector delaminating.

I peeled mine away and now use it without one.

It's a plastic sheet Samsung put onto the phone the same way they've done with other types of phones.

Removing the factory fitted screen protector does not invalidate the warranty however the caveat is that if the display is damaged in the process of peeling it away then that can. But I found removing mine was an easy process.

One can then use it without one as I do or buy one from an accessory manufacturer or ask Samsung if they can refit one.

Take into account the screen is a softer material than that of the more traditional slab type phone's with a harder screen.

More care needs to be broached with these types of phone's.

Samsung has Service Centres and Samsung Experience Stores in the UK along with Doorstep Repair Service in some areas, and phone's can be sent to them.

Take time and date stamped photo's of the phone if you do let them take possession of your phone with one of it turned On to show it's aesthetic condition while in your possession.

This is justba safe guard i personally always undertake. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
You can always replace the screen protector yourself,There are loads on Amazon.
0 Likes
hobbs
Explorer
Options
Thanks people! Relief. Took it off last night and will get another. 😁
0 Likes
bpham711
Apprentice
Options

3 months in and I too noticed bubbling foaming on the edge. Took it into the store and they tried to repair it on the spot (apparently they have a special machine to do it). I didnt work and the sales rep told me I had to send it to samsung assessment centre to get a brand new screen. Just got back my assessment summary and they are trying to extort me $190AUD because they are saying there's damage to the screen and isn't covered under warranty. I have not dropped the phone and I've had a cover on it since taking it out of the box. Going to dispute this. The phone is not even 6 months old yet.  

0 Likes
zaki_mama1901
First Poster
Options
Same did my z filp 4
0 Likes
bpham711
Apprentice
Options

I got my case escalated in-store and the manager put their name on the escalation report which Samsung accepted as waived the $190 replacement fee. Happy with the outcome but didn't enjoy going through the process

0 Likes
Alex2804
First Poster
Options

It seems that same happened to me, bubbled over and then they said its actually damaged by me and i have to pay for the whole screen to be replaced. Nothing is wrong except the fold is bubbling and this is a normal issue to have but it also seems like its normal for them to blame you for it. The phone is 7 months old. I have complained and waiting to see if they ever get back to me. But in the meantime i get to have this expensive phone with annoying line and no customer support. I love the phone and i changed from Apple to Samsung but i find Samsung not really impressing me.  

0 Likes
bpham711
Apprentice
Options

If you have a consumer goods government body, it might be worth submitting a complaint to escalate it further. Business will always shift blame to consumers to avoid repairing or paying out. If it started bubbling up after say 2 years then you might not have any grounds to stand on but 7 months it's not the expected life of a product to fail. Keep fighting them

0 Likes