Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip3 5G shutting down when I fold it

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 10:23 AM)
Sarah Sleep
First Poster
Options

Hi all

My flip 3 5G started to shutdown every time I fold the phone when it is not plugged in.  Does anyone have any tricks to try and stop this from happening please?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options

@Sarah Sleep: I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your Galaxy Z Flip3. Are you using the charging cable that came packaged with the device, and an official 15W Samsung plug adapter? If you connect the phone to a home computer via USB, does the problem persist when you disconnect it? 

Please ensure that your device is up to date by heading to Settings > Software update > Download and install, followed by Biometrics and security > Security update. Furthermore, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts to address any software issues that might be a contributing factor. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. 

If the continues, I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the device to be inspected by an engineer under warranty. If you head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel, then an advisor will be able to make the necessary arrangements for you.

0 Likes
Sarah Sleep
First Poster
Options

Thank you Andrew, I will speak to our local supplier and if no joy there I shall speak to the official helpdesk.  I am in the Channel Islands and would be quite a pain in collection and fixing off island.

0 Likes
Em33x
First Poster
Options
Im having the exact same thing happening to my samsung flip!
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is a common issue with fold and flip gen 3 and 4
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
miriamAshantielevi
First Poster
Options
I had the same problem
I sent to Samsung experience and I tell the problem was the pixel on my phone completely untrue as my phone under charge working perfectly. Very disappointed 😞
0 Likes
Ssonia
First Poster
Options
My ZFlip 3 keeps shutting down whenever I fold it, irrespective of the battery. Please help!
0 Likes
AaronAJ
Options

@Ssonia Did you manage to follow the steps provided above? 

0 Likes
Mossyhide
First Poster
Options
Only after recent update that I have this problem.
0 Likes
jigmeister
First Poster
Options

Any resolution here? Z4 user here. After the update, mine shuts down every time I fold it. 

0 Likes