Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip Z 3 Screen failed 6 months old

(Topic created on: 23-06-2022 01:10 PM)
Julesy
First Poster
Options

Resized_-5009759652055517635.jpg.jpeg

My Galaxy Z Fold 3 at 4 months old the screen protector started lifting in the middle where it folds, I reported this to where I bought it.  2 months later my phone got a black line through the middle (see photo) where it folds and only the bottom half of the screen worked the top half was frozen/dead.  Over the rest of the day the black in the screen bled over 95 percent of the screen.  I took it to where I bought the phone and the store person said the phone was immaculate and had no signs of damage and this is what was written on the delivery docket.  My phone had never been without its "samsung" case.  When the report came back from the technician they wrote I had damaged the phone and it would cost just under $600 to fix. 

Clearly Samsung has not got the technology for folding screens right especially after reading all the complaints on this forum, this is a massive issue.  Why they are still selling these phones is beyond me, they are a fraud.  I have asked for my phone to be returned unfixed as I will not pay to fix an obvious manufacturing issue on a 6 month old phone.  I will however be reporting it to the ACCC and I hope all of you who have the same issues report it too.

Julie_Kinslow_Phone_(2)_32461410669742.jpg

Julie_Kinslow_Phone_(3)_32437091532682.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Paul z flip
Apprentice
Options

I had similar issue with my version2, crack right on the fold, sent back to be told I had to paid 600 odd, seems it's standard for samsung to do this even though they clearly have design flaw 

wow I was just about to buy a version 3 because I thought there is no way the will still be making it if the issue still there wow

How dodgy will have to look at other options 

Perhaps some one needs to do class action on samsung on this 🤔 

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
The only folding phone I have seen that would entice me so far has been the Microsoft one. There's a reason, the two sides are separate screens with a piano style hinge in between. Any folding screen like Samsung use needs an extra radius so that it's not pinching and damaging the sub-layer as has repeatedly been seen on this forum.
GiraffeNeckLong
Journeyman
Options
It's broken along the crease; I hope you fight this all the way through.

If we pay a premium to be pioneers for folding tech, we deserve to have Samsung recognise our loyalty and ultimately support us, as opposed to them sending us into no man's land and watching idly by, as we tapdance on muddy mines.

I hope you get a screen replacement at no cost, as it's clearly within warranty and the issue is demonstrably at the point of design weakness.
0 Likes
Paul z flip
Apprentice
Options

16561963951427872076842177519625.jpg

0 Likes
Paul z flip
Apprentice
Options

You would think so, I'm amazed at the lack customer care samsung has 

It's clearly protocol to blame the purchaser instead of admitting its a design flaw 

Charmie502
First Poster
Options

I’m going through the same issue myself,  have asked for my  be to be returned as not going to pay, disgusted with the customer care.. not going to let it rest

0 Likes
Members_8WHzBER
First Poster
Options

Mines the same after 5 months I refuse to pay as what’s to say it won’t happen again in 6 months I’m currently using my daughters old iPhone (I hate it) but at least it works I hope you get sorted 

0 Likes