Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip z 3 randomly locks screen when in use

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 09:19 AM)
Members_mjjmkFX
First Poster
Options

Hi, Not sure if anyone has had this issue but my phone (only 10 months old) has started to randomly lock the screen when I'm using it. It's hard to predict and the forecast capture but the screen will go black and you'll have to push the side button a few times to unlock it. If you touch the screen it'll vibrate slightly but won't give you the option to put in your security pattern. 

I've made sure it's updated and also reset to factory settings as well as disabled bixby but nothing seems to stop it doing this. As I have to pay for this phone for another 2 and a bit years, I really would like it if someone could help me out if you've had any similar experiences as Vodafone were clueless. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much all 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A factory reset is the last resort which should resolve most issues so unfortunately you can't do more than that.

Run a diagnostic via the Samsung Members App and if that does not throw up any issues then try the following >

Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

Try another factory reset but don't use any back up you've created. Instead set it up as a new phone and then see how it performs.

It's possible your back up maybe corrupted.

Finally you may need to let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on with the phone. 

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Awes0me
First Poster
Options

Got the exact same issue as you, it started 2 weeks ago... Haven't tried the factory reset yet -.-

Members_u3JgBnD
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. I've sent my phone to service support and they didn't even turn on my phone because there were scratches outside. I'd been asked to pay €339 two times for changing the display module. But nobody had any idea if the display module had be changed because they even didn't turn on the phone. I've send couple of emails to ask if my phone was turned on and tested and no response. What shall I do?

0 Likes
SakuraAngel1
First Poster
Options

I know this is a really late reply, but I also had the same issue for over a year now with my Flip 3 and I hope to help someone who is struggling with this!

I found a fix yesterday that will help with part of the issue with using the side button several times to unlock it:

Go to your phone settings--> Search "Side Key"--> Select "Advance Features: Side Key"--> "Double press" option should be switched completely off.

I really hope this helps with that part of the issue, because now my phone instantly unlocks with the Side Key, instead of multiple presses and the screen wakes up upon touching it instead of just vibrating!

0 Likes