Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 4

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 09:55 AM)
Hammo140
Apprentice
Options

Warning.

Don't buy one of these. I had a Flip 3, tried to Trade this is for a Flip 4, and they are now claiming the screen was faulty, and charging me an extra £150.

The Flip 3 and Flip 4 screens are awful and will break. You then get no support.

Avoid at all costs. 

I have been loyal to Samsung for over 9 years now, but never again. Trade in is a complete scam as they will try and get every penny back form you.

Support is non existent ........... unless you want to buy something. 

I am disgusted at the treatment I have been given. 

Avoid at all costs.

4 REPLIES 4
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, I never trade in my old device for the same reason and just upgrade with my phone provider and get better service with them.
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Thankfully I've never had any issues with my flip3,I've had it for about 14 months.
If/when the screen protector needs replacing I already have a spare that I will replace myself.
I don't think I would trade it in for the exact reasons you mentioned.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Sounds like a really unfortunate situation you have.
I always say to people, take photos of your device before sending it off.
Dated photos if possible and get as much detail as possible.

I have been trading in phones with Samsung for some years now. Not just trading in Samsung phones but other brands. So far not had any issues.
Even traded in Samsung devices I've imported from other regions.

It's definitely worth having them prove what they are saying and challenging it, as its a third party company that will be assessing trade in devices
0 Likes
malk20426
Voyager
Options
My flip 4 is perfect. If I need to upgrade, my phone service provider does it and takes old phone off me. Would never upgrade via samsung
0 Likes