Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flip 3 screen protector coming off

(Topic created on: 14-10-2022 11:31 AM)
Wolfdog14
Journeyman
Options
It started coming away from the left side and over the past 3 days now made its way to the right hand side. It's about 2cm across the fold. Don't stop the screen working but it's the horrible noise it makes with opening and closing the phone, and watching videos is spoilt. 
Anyone else had this? Is it repairible? Is it covered in warranty? 

9 REPLIES 9
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
If your phone is covered by the warranty still get in touch with Samsung online (you'd need to send your phone in to have the screen protector replaced) or goto a Samsung Experiance Store, I believe they can replace it there I believe.

Apparently you can replace it yourself but any damage to your screen that you cause would be payable by you.
Wolfdog14
Journeyman
Options
Nice one thanks mate 👍
ColinSneddon
Journeyman
Options
You must get the screen replaced by samsung ASAP. Failure to do so invalidates your warranty any damage to the screen fold will not be covered.

The screen protector is not covered under warranty. You must pay for this.

Unfortunately Samsung fail to explain this to potential flip fold buyers a d typically you only find out the hard way.
Wolfdog14
Journeyman
Options
Hmm, interesting thanks for the tip
0 Likes
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
I will replace the screen protector myself when the time comes.
I've heard enough stories of Samsung charging £££ to replace screen claiming it's damaged somehow.
Plus if you are careful and are experienced enough with putting screen protectors on then it will be a cheaper option.
Loads of screen protectors on Amazon for flip3,I've already a couple to try when the time comes.
Wolfdog14
Journeyman
Options
I need to check with my local Samsung store, if they try anything then I'll spring my surprise 👍
0 Likes
Members_IOmLExJ
First Poster
Options

I had this problem with my flip 3 screen protector and I took it to the Samsung shop to get it replaced. Sending it off can take up to 2 weeks and who can go for 2 weeks without your phone?

They charged me £20 to replace it and now it is 6 months later and it is coming off again. This is a major design flaw by Samsung.

phil

Khameljan
Student
Options
I have exactly the same issue. Samsung replaced the screen protector for me under warranty in October, but advised they would only do it once. Like yours, it is now lifting again just 5 months later.

So effectively looking at £40 a year to fix a flaw that Samsung built in.
0 Likes
Bola164
First Poster
Options
I had this, they charged me 300 pounds because under a microscope there was a "damaging chip" total joke and most unhelpful service guys when I complained about it
0 Likes