Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

FINGER PRINT SCANNER NOT WORKING!

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 02:13 PM)
Sam6031
Journeyman
Options
Hi, looking for some help please. For the last 2 days, the finger print scanner has stopped working on my handset. 'The Finger Print Has Been Corrupted' kept appearing on the screen. Have tried to set it all up again, but get to 90% and then it states that it's been cancelled. Can anyone help please? I've read that a few people are experiencing the same and have had to have their mobile replaced. Would appreciate any help, because I've literally tried everything! Thank you 😁
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Sam6031  Have you tried wiping the cache partition?

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You could also try Repair apps from same recovery Menu.

once this is complete try registering fingerprints again,best to register a few fingerprints twice.

However if errors persist will need further investigation,you could also send error reports via Samsung Members-Get Help.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Sam6031
Journeyman
Options
Thankyou so much, it's working now!!!! 👍👍👍
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Oh right, good to hear.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.