Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faulty flip 3 after less than 5 weeks

(Topic created on: 05-02-2022 07:20 PM)
tgoh9
First Poster
Options

Flip 3 from Samsung online. One developed multi coloured images and went black after less than 5 weeks below average use. Phone was not dropped nor liquid damage. Samsung refused to replace nor refund. Repaired without my authorisation and expect me to accept the situation. 2 new batteries, motherboard and main screen were changed. Both phones were charged on same charger up to 85% full capacity to protect against overcharge.

In my view, Samsung is not allowing me to exercise my consumer rights to decide on replacement, refund or repair. Anyone having the same issue of Samsung sitting hard to their 25 days of T& C for outright replacement or refund?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you in the UK?
You say both phones. Do you have two with the same fault?
When I get a phone repaired, they always give me a report of what work is required and how much if its not a warranty repair.
I always have to OK the repair.
Sure that's supposed to be a standard practice.

Did you get the repair booked through Samsung?
Seems strange that if all those parts were replaced, it is chargeable
0 Likes
denniste12
Journeyman
Options

Do Not Buy This!!!! This has been nagging at me! I bought a $1000 gift for my daughter’s wedding that is a brick now. They got about 60 days of use before it stopped & melted down while sitting on table. (this just happed; the phone was not in use or damaged in any way) Likely you have heard that before. There are 100’s of posts/articles that say the same thing & don’t buy this phone… Sent to Samsung repair… After it came back from the repair people it does not light up anymore. When shipped; the screen would light up but at the fold it appeared that liquid had oozed out. It was not possible to see or read anything on either screen but it was clearly powered up & seemed to be taking commands. When it came back from the repair there was no explanation of any kind. Why it was back? What was wrong? Why it does not turn on any more? No options were offered? Since then; I have been completely left without recourse or anyone willing to talk about it. Highly upsetting… I am a phone sales & minor repair rep for a living. I have recommended or sold 10’s of thousands of Samsung phones or products over the last 6 years. Until this myself & family swore by Samsung Products. This has ended that completely. Now I have a goal for next year to stop completely sales or persuade anyone coming in for Samsung to seriously consider any other option I can present a case for. I will be doing anything that I can to get even… My daughter is an attorney in New York State & she feels we will win hands down in Small Claims court in a few weeks. However I’m disappointed to see no “Class Action Suit” started. Hopefully soon.

0 Likes
s0uthpaw
Apprentice
Options

I had a related problem with Samsung support.  Screen turns off when Flip opened and the screen protector has also started lifting off on one side of the hinge. I returned it to Samsung (handled by Fonfix in Ireland), and received a shockingly poor level of service. Because of some scuff marks from normal use ON THE OPPOSITE METAL SIDE OF THE DEVICE (nowhere near and nothing to do with the problem) they deemed the phone to have had its warranty voided. They said it would need a screen replacement (unlikely to fix the problem) and I would be liable for the full cost. Completely outrageous. Never buying a Samsung again. Have put the phone up for sale, I'm switching to iPhone.

0 Likes