Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge lighting notification colour

(Topic created on: 23-02-2022 05:27 AM)
idflip
Apprentice
Options
after the newest update my notification colour keeps changing to the blue default colour, does anyone have any idea how to fix it?
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you go into phone settings and put in the search box Edge Lighting.
You will see Edge Lighting Style
You can set colours, styles etc
0 Likes
idflip
Apprentice
Options
I did, but after awhile it changes the setting back to the default colour and this started happening after the update
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@idflip 

How weird.

I can only report that my Fold³ isnt misbehaving which is on Android 12 with Samsung One Ui 4.

As a process of elimination please try https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ will help to highlight if an app or theme etc is potentially causing issues. 

And if then necessary https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to hook up to a Computer or insert your earphones to enter into recovery mode. 

A factory reset would be the very very last resort.

You can send feedback via your Samsung Members app too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Micarina3
First Poster
Options
This has been happening to me and driving me nuts!
Having to constantly keep changing it but only for it to last 2mins, before going back to blue!

Did the suggested solution from @BandOfBrothers work for you?

Edit/Update:
So I tried using my phone in Safe Mode and it was still happening. I've cleared the cache the usual way and also on any new apps.
I was unable to use the Recovery Mode to clear the cache partition, on my Z Flip 3 (might be doing it wrong)

So issue still persists and looks like i'm stuck with default blue! 😅
idflip
Apprentice
Options
it didn't work for me either! hopefully they will solve it in the next update
Lauraro
Journeyman
Options

I have the same issue. It's quite frustrating. For some reason my Z flip 3 really likes/wants the edge lighting to be blue only 🙄

It's not the worst thing but I really hope it's fixed soon 🤞

0 Likes
Popsicle85
First Poster
Options

Same here as well, has anyone learned how to fix yet?

0 Likes
Lauraro
Journeyman
Options

When selecting "colour" choose the option at the bottom right (the multi coloured one) That will open a whole load of colour options. Select one you want and then click on "done". That makes the colour stick and won't turn blue again

idflip
Apprentice
Options
thank you so much! it works wonderfully!!
0 Likes