Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dreadful repair service

(Topic created on: 06-12-2022 03:17 PM)
OzzyB
Explorer
Options
Sent my Flip Z3 via DPD to the authorised repair centre in Harlow, UK, for a simple free screen protector replacement 14 days ago.
 Received confirmation that Samsung support centre had received the item and "an engineer has been assigned...etc". 
Since then nothing. 
Samsung live chat advised me to contact the repair company direct (MTR Company) on a premium rate number. Called numerous times. Repair team not picking up the phone so left messages asking for call back. Nothing. Connect to Operator's line permanently engaged then cut off.
Any ideas people? I just want my phone back.
Thanks Guys.
6 REPLIES 6
KevP79
Voyager
Options
Ring customer support (samsung) during MTR office hours (just after 9am on a weekday) and politely ask them to call MTR on your behalf as they're not replying to you. I had to do the same when my device was being held by MTR. Even if they do answer your call they will tell you what you want to hear but will take no action.

They're a really shadey company.

Best of luck
OzzyB
Explorer
Options
Thanks KevP79. Unfortunately Samsung support fobbed me off saying they didn't have a direct line to MTR. I'll try again. Fingers crossed.
I'm considering driving down to MTR and demanding my phone back, even if nothing has been done with it, but not even sure if it's a totally secure site without access. It's over 1 and a half hours drive away.
KevP79
Voyager
Options
You were definitely fobbed off m8, my customer service rep made the calls (and an email or two in the early stages), from an entirely different country, our time zones were 6 to 8 hours apart. She kept calling daily over the space of three days, then gave me a follow-up call to keep me updated each time it took about 5 working days in total to achieve a return request/confirmation, I tried over the space of a few months and got nowhere even though I recieved email replies and they answered the phone.

Maybe it's just a case of stumbling onto a caring representative,

I bought my phone directly from samsung, so my sales contract was with samsung, not MTR. That's samsungs contract, and it should be their responsibility to sort out any issues with their end of the contract. At least, that's how I saw it, and luckily, so did the second customer support agent I spoke to.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get what's rightly yours returned soon. It shouldn't be this hard to make a warrenty claim on such an expensive device.

All the best and good luck! @OzzyB (sincerely)
0 Likes
OzzyB
Explorer
Options
Thanks KevP79. Now here's a thing. Submitted an on line complaint form to MTR. No acknowledgement but just received automated email that my phone has been repaired and despatched. Confirmation as well from DPD for delivery tomorrow.
Makes me wonder if MTR read this forum (doubt it) or if continually chasing Samsung for an answer eventually kicked them into chasing up my issue.
Anyway fingers crossed, and many thanks for your help. Cheers.
0 Likes
KevP79
Voyager
Options
I'm pleased to hear it, Ozzy. Nice job. If DPD has confirmed a delivery slot, you should be good.

You're more than welcome. I hope you have a nice christmas. All the best!
:smiling-face:
0 Likes
OzzyB
Explorer
Options
👍
0 Likes